INSPIRE & EMPOWER THE COMMUNITY THROUGH CREATIVITY
My name is Honey Kalaria and I am a dancer and choreographer, more popularly known as a Bollywood Ambassador to the UK. My creative work involves charitable, community and commercial based projects, and I have a passion for using my talents, skills and knowledge to make a positive impact on members of society and helping to make this world a better place.
“Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can.” John Wesley
AIM OF THIS PROJECT :– To Help Transform Lives Through Art, Culture & Creativity.
I am often invited invited to support many voluntary projects, including ones being organised by not for profit, charitable and community based organisations who have no money, have restricted budgets or are trying to raise funds to run their own initiatives. These projects are varied - For eg:
- DANCE & PERFORMING ARTS - Recently I was involved in training and directing a play where individuals who are blind and visually impaired took part. I had also been invited to stage free dance workshops to support various local community organisations such as ones who support those who are deaf, and to bring joy to multicultural audiences at special festivals such as Diwali. It would be great to bring joy of dance and performing arts to many more people.
“The best way to find yourself, Is to lose yourself in the service of others.” Mahatma Gandhi
2. MIND, BODY & SOUL - Together with a small team of volunteers, I have been holding free weekly Meditation sessions for around 15 years for a small number of people. However this free service could be offered to many more people if we had a larger and more accessible venue and were able to develop an outreach program, helping many more people enjoy benefits offered through mind, body and soul development.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, Committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
3. MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT - For the past 2 ½ years I have been supporting a local community radio station by presenting a weekly one hour program, which also requires research, travelling and attending events. My aim is to continue providing and serving the local and global online community with fresh content, expert advice and high profile guest interviews, together with upbeat and uplifting music. I would love to improve the radio program and continue enriching people’s lives by inspiring, empowering, educating, entertaining and opening up new possibilities for them. However this will require investing more time and money.
“Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others.” Plato
4. INTERNATIONAL WORLD DANCE DAY (on 29th April 2017) - "DANCE UNITES CAMPAIGN" - I have in the past donated dance DVD’s for auctions aimed at fund raising, prizes to encourage dance development, books to help develop creativity and free mentoring. For the World Dance Day, it is my wish that I can gift members of society, organisations such as schools and libraries, and those interested in dance, with "How To Dance" DVD's to celebrate the special festive season. The aim is to offer an opportunity for as many people as possible to discover the Bollywood dance art form. Benefits include: experiencing dance & fitness in a fun and interactive manner, learning about Indian art & culture, enjoying personal development & increased confidence and much more for all - from children, youth, adults, elderly and less abled to professionals and larger organisations.
“We cannot do great things on this Earth, Only small things with great love.” Mother Teresa
CHALLENGE:- How will this project solve the problem?
The challenge is that there is so much more that can and needs to be done on new initiatives and upcoming projects. The work carried out to date has been supported by personal funds, and help from family and friends.
“We make a living by what we get,But we make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
CREATING AN IMPACT TOGETHER :- What is the potential long term impact of this project?
At present I can only support local organisations through my voluntary work, although it would be great to do more for national and global audiences. This will require more time and expenses, however would offer life transforming and soul enriching experiences and benefits to many. My request to the global community is to get involved as "Ambassadors of Positive Change". By supporting my ongoing voluntary campaigns, we can work together on creating maximum impact in people’s lives and make a positive difference.
“Be the change you want to see in the world.” Mahatma Gandhi
YOUR SUPPORT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT :- Become an "Ambassador of Positive Change"
Your assistance, prayers and support will make it possible to fund and work on a range of contribution based projects to help the local and global community, such as:-
- Distributing gifts such as books, DVD’s and other useful products
- Providing training and dance workshops to those who cannot afford it
- Staging dance shows and various events to promote diversity and multicultural arts
- Presenting a radio program to educate, inspire and entertain the local and global community
- Offer sessions to promote meditation, well being and personal development
- And much more ....
"A man's true wealth is the good he does in this world". Muhammad