Hi, I am James E Lewis Jr. co-founder of Ekundayo Outreach Ministries. The vision of Ekundayo Outreach Ministries each year is to help those that are truly in need. Throughout the year we will provide those in need with underclothes, blankets, sleeping bags and day passes to help get them to places such as doctor’s appointments or job interviews. Each year we would love to have back to school concerts for the kids, providing them with book bags and school supplies. Also benefit concerts for the homeless each year to provide them with meals during thanksgiving and throughout the year. To give you a better understanding of what we are trying to do, here is a breakdown of what will take place and a breakdown of how your donations will be used.
Ekundayo target donation for each year is $10,000. If God sees fit for us to be blessed even the more to God we give all the glory. But as of right now the total yearly budget breakdown is:
How your donations will be used
- 10% - To organization of choice= $1000 (such as United Way or Operation Blessing)
- 70 % For outreach= $7,000 (every other month we will do something for the homeless, nursing homes, the youth and prison ministry.)
- 20% - Events & Seminars = $2000
As I mentioned before our goals is $10,000 for the year. To reach this goal we will need 400 people or more to donate $25 or more each year.
For each event Ekundayo Outreach Ministries will purchase:
- T-shirts to give away for the concerts the cost is estimated to be $300 for 75 t-shirts (distributor Skyline Shirts)
- Provide to go meals for benefit concert for the homeless (cost estimated to be $300)
- Provide transportation for homeless (such as a van to pick them up if needed)
- For Back to school concerts we would like people to donate school supplies for the kids.
Total Expense for each concert= $600 x 2
(Events will be held August & November) = Budget is $2000.00 for the year minus $1200 (This is from the events and seminars part of the donations; budget may change due to the need of supplies)
This next section will be the main focus of Ekundayo Outreach Ministries….
As in the Bible Ekundayo Outreach Ministries is the storehouse. Our vision is that those in need can come to us every other month for these items but we will have restrictions. Every other month we would like to have at least the number of listed items in store:
- 15 pks of socks $75 (4-SM 4-Med 4-LG 3- XL)
- 15 pks of T-shirts $75 (4-SM 4-Med 4-LG 3- XL)
- 15 pks of underwear or boxers $75 (4-SM 4-Med 4-LG 3- XL)
- 15 blankets (Better Homes and Gardens Royal Plush 50" x 60" Throw, Heritage Blue) $75
- 10 sleeping bags $175 (from K-Mart)
- Food cost average $300 each month ($75 for each week) We will choose a day to provide a meal for the homeless
- 15 Bus Passes = $105.00
- 10 Bibles =$100.00
- Book bags and school supplies = by donation of book bags and school supplies
Total Expenses= $980.00 x 6 (every other month)- total budget is $7000.00 minus $5880.00 for the year
(This is from the outreach part of the donations; budget may change due to the need of supplies)
My brothers and sisters we truly believe that with God’s help this goal can be accomplished if we start now. Remember that every donation does not have to monetary. Your donation could be anyone of these items. To donate items contact us @ [email protected]
God Bless James & Jewel Lewis
Ekundayo Outreach Ministries