€0.00Donated So Far
Brief presentation of the project
“Cinemascop Summer Garden” is an important part of the Eforie Colorat Project, that aims to reactivate the summer garden in Eforie Sud by organizing film screenings, exhibitions, residencies, shows, while attracting new partners will create new quality events.
Who are we?
The main purpose of the “Forumul Artelor Vizuale” NGO is to improve the quality of cultural, scientific, artistic and educational life of the public by organizing local, national and international festivals for scientific, cultural, artistic and educational purposes, identifying and protecting the tangible and intangible national cultural heritage, implementing projects in order to improve the artistic, touristic and cultural potential of the country.
The F.A.V. NGO he has been the coorganizer of the “Cinemascop” Film Festival since its first edition.
The project “Cinemascop Summer Garden” states the importance of the need to raise awareness with regards to the National Cultural Heritage and to the abandoned cultural spaces in Romania.
- + Cinemascop Summer Garden is the first reactivated space from ruin to cultural hub
- + The only open air space dedicated to culture and arts on the entire Romanian coast
- + We want to promote an exemple of good practice and to support these measures
- + Eforie Sud ( the oldest resort on the Romanian coast — known in the past as : Movilă — Techirghiol, Carmen Sylva, Vasile Roaita)
- + The largest summer garden on the Romanian coast (originally designed for 1400 seats)
- + 2000 sqm surface
- + the largest projection screen on the entire coast: 100 sqm
- + 250 outdoor seats respecting all the restrictions imposed by the alert state and all the safety measures imposed by the epidemiological context.
- + over 700 seats in normal conditions
12 June —14 September 2021 Everyday from Monday to Sunday
What will happen in the Cinemascop Summer Garden?
- 90 days of events
- Over 150 hours of Romanian and international film, documentaries and short films from all over the world
- 2 art galleries permanently installed throughout the project
- Over 10 exhibitions of contemporary art
- 2 documentary / historical exhibitions
- 5 creative workshops / debates
- 2 theater performances
- 3 outdoor music concerts
- 1 outdoor pop-up library with over 300 titles
What do we need?
- restore and renovate the toilets
- connect the space to the water system of the city
- equipment purchases
- design & arrange the green areas and recreational spaces
- purchasing 300 chairs
- reintroducing “Cinemascop” Summer Garden into the national cultural circuit
- the reconversion of the summer garden into a multifunctional cultural space
- strengthening the national cultural identity
- encouraging the cultural and artistic production through collaboration and involvement of the independent cultural environment
- creating a bridge between culture, contemporary art, the general public
- regional development of areas with cultural deficit
- reactivating the community from a social, cultural, educational and touristic point of view
Target audience - estimation
0—15 years 15%
15—30 years 20%
Between 15,000 -
30,000 visitors /
By supporting “Cinemascop
Summer Garden” project in
Eforie Sud, you practically support the independent artistic
and cultural sector, the regeneration movement of the Eforie
City and contribute to the development of the local community.
- Eforie Colorat
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet