US$50.00raised of $91,000.00 goal goal
Please help these two 40-50 year old female Asian elephants, named See Bua and Bua Na who have been friends since childhood. They now live at a tourist camp give 'taxi rides' to people. Such rides are harmful to elephants and very unnatural. Also both elephants have injuries which makes this type of environment very bad. We hope to raise funds to purchase these girls and bring them to Sappraiwan Elephant Sanctuary where they can live in 360 acres of jungle, swim in lakes and eat the 18 hours per day that elephants normally eat. Their lives would improve by 100%. Here is a little background on
40-50 year old female elephant
She is healthy, but has a chronic leg injury
Leg injury do to logging work at young age
Current owner forces her to work as a taxi elephant in a tourist camp, despite her injured leg
He wants to sell her because she cannot walk fast.
• 40-50 yearold female
• Healthy, but has no tail
• Attacked by another elephant
• Submissive personality
• Now works as taxi elephant
• Condition of life is not pleasant at this camp
• She is See Bua’s friend.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Cost as much as 3 Million THB ($91,000 USD) to rescue these elephants.
- Not asking for donation, but a PLEDGE
- Pre-purchase an Education Program at Sappraiwan Elephant Sanctuary
- Help us by purchasing in advance\
- You can purchase a program for you and your family, or donate one to a local Thai student.
- Accomplishes 3 goals:
1. Build and amazing education program
2. Help rescue two elephants
3. Offers you a chance to visit the elephant sanctuary
**If you would like your pledge to go towards an Education Program for you, your family or a sponsorship for a local student, please email [email protected]. We will help you set up your program!** (Does not include Resort Accommodation. There is no fee for local student accommodations.)
- Siraarpa Siriviriyakul
- Katie Mixon
- Campaign Co owner
Donation from Elephant & Education Talk at Rooted in WellBeing,Columbia SCUpdate posted by Katie Mixon at 11:57 pm
Thanks so much for the cash dontions to help rescue See Bua and Bua Na! We appreciate the group that chatted with Katie for 2 hours, and then made a wonderful donation. The elephants say "Thank you!"