Integrative Health and Wellness was established to meet the growing need for holistic health care service. During 1994 a profound experience in Theresa's life led her to explore a holistic approach to medicine and methodologies, which currently still fall outside of mainstream medicine. Subsequently, Theresa became more and more aware of the limitations of mainstream medicine, leading to her conviction that an integrative approach, based on the philosophy of holism, is the way forward in medicine.
At Integrative Health and Wellness, the key principles of such an approach to medicine are:
The basic philosophical premises are those of holistic, or systemic thinking. Briefly, in health care these premises include:
- The human being is an integrated system of processes, which are in dynamic balance. Body, mind, emotions, and soul are all interconnected, always interacting with the environment. When part of this complex human system becomes diseased, the whole system is affected. Therefore symptoms cannot be addressed in isolation.
- The holistic approach relies on the body’s inherent intelligence / wisdom to heal itself. It is far more concerned with processes than with underlying pathology. The emphasis does not lie on symptoms and disease, but on health and function.
- There are many causes of any single disease, hence many solutions, hence the importance of the ‘terrain’; e.g. flu is not caused by a virus, but by a weakening of the immune system.
- The holistic approach recognises many variables, both physical and non-physical and unique to each person; hence outcomes cannot be predicted. Human beings are not statistics.
- The absence of symptoms is not a sign of health. Health is the ease of flow: the dynamic balance of all energies in the human system.
- Man is a spiritual being having a physical experience and disease is part of this experience. Disease does not just happen by chance, is not just an enemy. It can, indeed should serve as a wake-up call and become part of a Healing process. Primarily it indicates the need for a shift in intentions.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR EFFECTIVE ALTERNATIVES TO:
Medical drugs, which do not heal....... and which can be dangerous...?
Not being heard..., being treated like a statistic...?
DO YOU PERHAPS SUFFER FROM:
- Unexplained fatigue...,
- Painful conditions such as muscle pains, joint pains or headaches...,
- Chronic infections, allergic or other immune-related problems...,
- Any chronic, degenerative or undiagnosed disorder...?
Chronic, life-changing and life-threatening diseases demand a truly integrated approach. Although many acute, lesser problems can be dealt with effectively, it is these chronic, serious disorders, which pose the greatest challenge. At Dr Theresa's Health and Wellness, such conditions are always approached at the following different levels:
1. The mind-body-soul connection:
When dealing with these chronic, life-changing and life-threatening diseases, the non-physical aspects of healing are of paramount importance. Counselling includes addressing stress, raising awareness, intentions, spiritual aspects of healing, the practice of mindfulness, etc
2. Nutrition, supplements, remedies and water:
Optimum nutrition is vitally important to enhance and maintain health. It is essential to supplement with the best available natural vitamins and minerals. In addition, various herbal formulas, Isopathic and other remedies are used. (A lot of new remedies as well as new therapy and treatments will be available in the near future).
At Integrative Health and Wellness, we approach each patient differently, as there is no "one plan fits all". We create individualised treatment plans for each patient that fits into their lifestyle.
We can help manage the following:
- Cerebral Neurotransmitters
- Cell Function
- Heart Disease
- Insulin Resistance
- Intestinal Disorder
- Nervous System Disorder
- PH Balance
- Weight Management and MORE ........
We also utilise the latest scanning technology available today in the screening of disease, monitoring and follow up of treatment plans.
The scanning system we use, allows you to see:
- Estimated Vascular Age
- Nervous System Function
- Neurotransmitters in your Brain
- Body Composition and Body Mass Index
- Metabolic and Hormone Indicators
- Digestive, Gallbladder, Pancreas and Liver Function
- Prostate and Genitourinary Health
- Nutrition and Vitamin Recommendations, and more..........
The following are incorporated in my practice:
- Anti-aging medicine (is the pinnacle of biotechnology joined with advanced clinical preventive medicine. This specialty is founded on the application of advanced scientific and medical technologies for the early detection, prevention, treatment and reversal of age-related dysfunction, disorders and disease);
- Bio-energetic tools (is an informational tool that allows for a very detailed conversation between your body and the practitioner at Healing Alternatives);
- Energy Healing (is the conscious and skilled use of therapeutic modalities to benefit a person on subtle and emotional levels, as well as in their general and physical well-being i.e. Aura Clearing, Chakra balancing Meta-healing, Reiki Healing, Spiritual Healing);
- Functional Medicine (is a form of alternative medicine which proponents say focuses on interactions between the environment and the gastrointestinal, endocrine and immune systems. Practitioners attempt to develop individual treatment plans for people they treat);
- Herbal Medicine (remedies and medicines made from plants);
- Homotoxicology (is a theory of medicine that vies the symptoms of disease as evidence of the body's defence mechanisms at work against toxic substances);
- Lifestyle modification (involves altering long term habits, typically of months or years. Lifestyle modification can be used to treat a range of diseases, including obesity);
- Mindfulness-based med (Mindfulness practice is ideal for cultivating greater awareness of the unity of mind and body, as well as of the ways the unconscious thoughts, feelings and behaviours can undermine emotional, physical and spiritual health);
- Naturopathy (a system of alternative medicine based on the theory that disease can be successfully treated or prevented without the use of drugs, by techniques such as control of diet, exercise and massage);
- Nutrition (the process of providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth);
- Rife resonator therapy (is a machine that generates electro-magnetic frequencies, which are relayed through the body via the hands or the feet);
- Ethno medicine (is a system that applies both art and science to help the human body to restore it's health and well-being);
- Auricular therapy (is a form of alternative medicine based on the idea that the ear is a microsystem which reflects the entire body, represented on the auricle, the outer portion of the ear
- Integrative Medicine (which is also called integrated medicine and integrative health, combines alternative medicine with evidence based medicine. It treats the whole person, focuses on wellness and health rather than on treating disease and emphasize the patient-physician relationship).
The following will soon be incorporated:
- Biopuncture (is a therapy whereby specific locations are injected with biological products. The majority of the products are derived from plants. Most of these injections are given into the skin or into the muscles);
- Berner therapy (improves microcirculation and promotes blood flow in the smallest blood vessels. This improves the performance of the body's cells, which in turn may support pain relief and favour the body's innate healing capacity);
- Hypnotherapy (is a brief therapy used to create subconscious change in a patient in the form of new responses, thoughts, attitudes, behaviours or feelings);
- Intravenous therapy (is the infusion of liquid substances directly into a vein. Intravenous simply means "within vein);
- Ozone therapy (is the use of ozone gas to treat certain medical conditions. It is used for slipped "slipped discs" in the spine, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, an eye disease called macular degeneration and Parkinson's disease);
- Prolotherapy (also called proliferation therapy or regenerative injection therapy is a treatment of tissue with the injection of an irritant solution into a joint space, weakened ligament or tendon insertion to relieve pain);
- VoiceBio (accurately reveal frequency patterns in the body, showing what tonal frequencies are either heavy (overworked or exhausted) or weak (stagnant or not working). An assessment of the heavy and weak areas of a VIBEprint empowers people to not only understand the root cause of their physical-emotional energetic imbalances, but also the right key to take back control of their own energetic health, holistically and expeditiously through appropriate nutrition, herbs, homeopathy, lifestyle changes, therapies of your choice, etc).
We can only achieve our goals with the assistance of generous donations from members, companies and organisations of our communities. Without these donations, serving those in and outside our areas would not be possible.
Since our organisation relies on the generosity of individuals, companies and organisations like you, we ask you to consider a donation to our cause. We hope that you will support our efforts and we would like to thank you in advance for your generosity.
If you do not have a PayPal account and would like to do a Bank Transfer:
Dr Theresa Higgo, ABSA Cheque Acc: 4082093825, Branch: 632005