My Wife Diane of twenty five years has had a hard life.
When we first set eyes on each other it was love at first sight, "really"! Our life together, kids and grand children have been wonderful. In February 2010 Diane suffered a massive brain aneurysm. Being the survivor she was, Diane beat the 5% odds of survival in seven months with a 95% recovery, WOW. One of her doctors said, GOD visits this room.
The following summer she had an MRI taken. The staff skipped a procedure that was protocol and set her back almost a year in her recovery.
Just this past July, afraid to back to the same hospital, Diane had a simple surgery performed. All I can say is that it happen again- “OOPS" somebody made an error.
Once again they have done a great job of confusing and manipulating the issues and have literally gotten away with it again. Unfortunately this time the cost of Diane's life is not acceptable. I have been trying to fight the system in every way I can to no end. They have an answer for everything.
At one point in time a staff member who was doing discharge paper work told me to take her home to rehabilitate and save the system some money. They amended the caretaker clause that year stating a spouse cannot be the caretaker, but Medicare would not cover the expense to pay for one. So I did the job and had to put my business on hold.
Now that Diane has passed away, I can get back to work but the sum of three years has put me into foreclosure and so on & on.
Many others are more in need with all the people who have lost their homes and lives due to the weather tragedies and such. We all are hurting in some way and need help from those who may be able to offer a little relief.