This is a couple in their early sixties who have been dealt a devastating blow – they have to vacate their home after 3 years of living there, in 5 days time and have nowhere to go! In short, they’ll literally be on the pavement in 5 days!
Appeals to the owner of the property and her agent to rescind this decision or at least grant an extension, have been declined notwithstanding that the couple has looked after and treated the owner's home as if it was their own. They’ve even enhanced the property AND have even offered to accept a voluntary rental increase and waive repairs for 12 months for all current defects. They can afford to continue living in the house BUT just can’t afford a move right now due to the way rentals and commensurate deposits have escalated. Then, there’s all the related removal costs!
They are just getting back on their feet after a year of extreme financial hardship due to various circumstances outside of their control and now, they are faced with this......
The only way they can manage to meet the deadline is to raise some CASH and be able to pay a larger deposit and the additional removal costs.
They don’t qualify for emergency temporary housing and the waiting list for other forms of housing assistance is lengthy and the process is understandably slow….
They’re a decent and hard-working couple and have nowhere to turn. All they wanted was just a little compassion and consideration of their circumstances....
However, they’re now extremely desperate and face being literally on the street and homeless in a few days…….Please could you assist them with whatever you can afford? They will be eternally grateful. Thank you.