Afternoon of May 25, my father experienced a massive heart attack which made him collapsed on the street right beside our house. The construction workers who saw my father rushed him to the nearest emergency. I was out that day when someone called me. We went straight to the emergency room of Las Pinas City Med. I saw the doctor and his team, trying to revive my father from time to time. A total heartache, it was one of the darkest days of my life. The doctor said that he had no pulse when they arrived at the hospital. They performed defibrillation and CPR for 18 times during our stay at the ER. We were then advised that he needs to be admitted in the ICU. The hospital has an ICU; however, they also mentioned that he needs to be transferred in a hospital with a Cath Lab (Catheterization Laboratory) because we need to do Angiogram and Angioplasty immediately. The doctor said that only limited hospital has a Cath Lab, and Perpetual Help Medical Las Pinas is one of them. This hospital is one of the expensive hospitals in our place. But having no choice, since my father is in critical condition and needs an urgent care, we agreed and arranged a transfer to Perpetual Help. That travel is very dangerous to my father but thank God, he was stabilized for the meantime. We arrived at 11:30PM at the ER of Perpetual. We stayed there for 3 hours before he underwent the Angiogram procedure at the Cath Lab.
After the Angiogram, they asked me if I still wish to proceed with the Angioplasty operation. Angiogram will costs us around PHP90,000 while Angioplasty is PHP350,000. I am the decision maker of the family. I only want my father's life; thus, I answered "Yes doc, please do".
Results showed that three vessels have disease/clogged. We already knew this since I was in college but we don't have enough funds for the operation. My biggest regret.
Angioplasty was done, and it failed. The doctor advised us that the next best thing to do is the Bypass operation (Open Heart Surgery). But the Bypass operation can't be done if my father is still in comatose. My father needs to wake up and to have a stabilized condition first.
Days passed, we're trying to transfer him to a government/public hospital but we're unable to do so. I've been contacting several hospitals but there are no available ICU rooms. Also, the doctor said that my father's condition is not fit for travel/transfer.
Two weeks have passed, he is still sleeping. We're still stuck in a private hospital. Hospital bill is now up to PHP 700,000 (excluding the operation and doctor’s fee). Since we're unable to pay the asking partial payment, we're now following the cash basis policy of the hospital. At the first night of our cash basis, we spent PHP 10,000 for his medicines and supplies consumable just for a day. The next day, we spent PHP 8,000, and so on and so forth.
We're struggling financially to support my father's everyday medicines. Please help us. I am just a regular employee working for my family. We are really in need of financial assistance for his survival. I humbly ask for your kind heart to help us raise funds for my father. I want my father back. I still have plans for my parents.
We really appreciate whether big or small. You can contact me at 09174619662 / 09081605990. You may send some help through these bank accounts below:
BPI: 8379 2337 33
I thank you in advance... And, God bless you! 🙏