I'm going to South Africa to volunteer with HIV+ orphans and teach English to the community.
St Lucia - South Africa
I will be working with caregivers in the St. Lucia community to provide direct assistance to Orphan Day Care Centres.
St. Lucia is an environment where there are little to no resources for children to play, receive an education or have a childhood really. It's estimated that nearly 3/4 of the community have HIV or the AIDS virus and there is a serious lack of knowledge which is making this problem grow. It is truly an endemic
What I will be doing
- I will provide the children with the care and attention that they need
- I will help with other needs in the community
- I will teach HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention programs
- I will improve facilities for local orphans
- I will increase knowledge of the HIV/AIDS virus and provide desperatly needed information
- I will be teaching English to the local community
How you can help
Volunteers and their supporters play a huge part in these children's lives. Many of these boys and girls are HIV orphans or HIV+ themselves. By donating you are directly providing these children with somewhere to live, an opportunity to recieve an education, a healthy lifestyle, positive role-models and the chance to have a better life. You will directly help the communities flourish because of the money you've pledged.
Where the money goes
Your donations support:
- Local building projects and the aquision of building materials
- Local community education and English classes
- Teaching and school materials
- Local farming and the aquisition of farming materials
- Sports equipment
Please pledge whatever you can everything will be massively appreciated!
*The flights, insurance, CRB check, injections, transport, application and other costs incured are 100% covered by me, all donations will directly fund the charity and the cost of the project
Remember by donating you are doing something truly amazing!