CYCALIVE was first launched in 1998. This will be the 20th Cycalive.
It is an event for Grade 11 students of different cultural and religious backgrounds.
It is a joint venture by Torah Academy, Moletsane High and Pace College, Soweto.
Learners are selected to represent the participating schools and cycle in relay from Johannesburg to Durban.
The proceeds of this venture will once again be used to fund CYCALIVE 2017
Excess funds will be used to significantly improve educational projects and needs in the participating schools. Cycalive has also distributed tons of stationery to needy schools.
The goals of Cycalive are as follows:
- To build bridges and form bonds between young South Africans and their respective communities.
- To inspire ubuntu - optimism and commitment for the common good of a positive future in South Africa.
- To raise funds for much needed educational projects.
- To highlight the importance of road safety and the ARRIVE ALIVE campaign, particularly relating to cyclists.
- To encourage leadership and a spirit of adventure, personal challenge and self-confidence.
This year, CYCALIVE will take place between the 6th and 10th August
CYCALIVE 2017 will depart from the Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory to highlight more than two decades of democracy in South Africa.