It's Time For a Gaming Community!
I was looking for a network to join this summer for gamers, one that would let me meet and get to know others who love playing games as much as I do. And what did I find? A bunch of different sites for different games, with no unifying place for players to communicate across multiple domains.
Though I was disappointed, a certain quote also came to mind. "Be the change you want to see in the world." So I thought to myself, why can't this be the start?
And thus the Council for Strategic Thinking was born. It's an online community for gamers across all of North America to connect and play with one another.
We are dedicated to bringing together awesome people who would never otherwise meet, in an environment we all love.
This fundraiser is all about building our online presence, including purchasing audio and video equipment to create tutorial videos for gamers.
We're expanding across the continental U.S. right now, with bases growing at college campuses including Penn State University, University of Iowa, and University of Florida.
We Need the Tools to Expand, and You Get All the Benefits
The mission is simple enough:
- We need money to buy recording equipment and cover basic operating expenses.
- If you contribute, you'll be on the ground-floor of an exciting new organization, the first of its kind on the web.
- If you contribute and actively get involved in the CST, you'll be rewarded for your activism.
What We'll Spend the Money On
If we make our initial goal of $1000, then we will do the following:
- Buy a higher-end voice-recording microphone (between $100-300)
- Providing promotional material and cool new web features for networking
- Design new gamer-specific merchandise
- Organize events for gamers to play together online or in-person
What This Will Mean For You
You can receive free tutorial videos, enter for chances to win free copies of games, get your name specially recognized as a founding sponsor, and more!
Have you ever had trouble putting together a game night of Monopoly, Risk, Civilization, or another game that requires an equal level of commitment from all of its players? By helping to establish the CST, you're ensuring that this problem ceases to exist. Gamers from all across the country will be in contact with one another, swapping stories and ID's and getting to know one another. Our members will be the first ones to truly experience a national network of gamers.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can't contribute for whatever reason, there are still other ways you could help ou, such as:
- Tell everybody else about this campaign
- Don't forget to share this on Facebook, tweet about it on Twitter, make a video about it on YouTube, or post it on forums. Anything will help.
- Contact us! Maybe you can't help out monetarily, but you can start up a local gaming group in your area. It's easy, and we'll help you get started.
But Wait...There's More!
One last thing we forgot to mention...we're having a referral contest! That's right, just share the link to our project on your page, and the member who has the most referrals at the end of our campaign will receive a free t-shirt, entry into a game-winning contest, and special mention among our sponsors.