Beginning fundraising for 'OrphFund' just before turning 6 year old & now at 8 years old, Cael (C.Q.F) was named as an Ambassador for the entirely volunteer run, Australian based charity at the end of 2015.
Cael has raised funds by asking friends and family for donations in place of Birthday or Christmas gifts for the last 3 years and hosting fundraiser birthday parties (a gelato party with gelato donated from local business Live A Little Gelato and a movie night with a projector in the backyard), being sponsored to walk 3kms in the Adelaide city to bay, holding a garage sale where he sold his own toys and books, approaching local businesses to have donation tins on their counters, giving talks at his school assemblies and initiating fundraisers such as 'silly hat day', donations for book week dress ups and selling produce from the schools garden. By doing chores around the house and by donating money left by the tooth fairy!
He is currently working on 3 more projects to hopefully raise further funds, including working towards a photographic exhibition.
Having just been named as an Ambassador for Barbie in the "You Can Be Anything" campaign, he hopes to inspire others to think of what they can do for others and to raise more awareness of the invaluable work that OrphFund does.
Running grass root, self sustaining, community projects, that provide shelter, nutrition, health care, support, education and training, OrphFund is a volunteer based organisation helping abandoned, orphaned and vulnerable children around the world, regardless of race or religion.
The funds that Cael has raised to date have:
- Built 2 bread ovens (and their protective structures) in Uganda to provide bread for the community but also to sell and raise further funds for the local school to finish being built, equipment for the school and supplies for the students
- 100 beds for an orphanage in Sierra Leone, established during the ebola outbreak
- a pineapple plantation in Sierra Leone to provide pineapples and a source of income for the community
- getting a shipping container filled with school supplies, musical instruments, books, clothes and even a car the OrphFund Childrens Village in Uganda
- refurbishment and repairs for the children's villages, schools and community spaces and ammenitites
- and his current fundraising project, raising money to pay school fees for secondary school students from the OrphFund Childrens villiage in Kenya so that they are able to continue their education
As a completely volunteer run charity, you can be confident that 100% of all donations reach children living in poverty.
Cael is forever grateful for any help to raise funds, you can help by
- donating at https://gogetfunding.com/project/cqf-for-orphfund or in any of the cafes in Adelaide with a tin
- sharing with your friends and family, perhaps planning a charitable birthday, Christmas or other celebration?
- invitations to local (adelaide) markets or events for Cael to take donations
- counter space at your business for a donation tin
- holding office fundraisers
- anything else you can think of and would like to propose!
'Like' and follow his facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/cqffororphfund/ to stay updated on his goals and progress!
CQF FOR OrphFund
For those who don't know us personally, our son Cael (CQF) has just turned 6 years old.
I'm quite certain that never has anyone been more excited to receive a bucket in the mail!!!
Cael was given some money for Christmas this year, at first he planned to add it to his savings for Lego but he changed his mind and asked me if he could start saving to buy a well (or ahem, 10).
After finding out that the charity 'OrphFund' was trying to raise money to build bread ovens for the communities in which it works to help fund its orphanages and schools sustainably (and of course provide the means to bake bread!) he settled on this as his primary 2014 goal. Naturally he would like to raise enough money to fund not just one bread oven, but as many as OrphFund needs.
He then came up with the idea of having a 'charity birthday party' and has asked for all his friends to not bring presents (he says he has enough toys) but to instead bring a donation for his OrphFund savings.
I thought it likely his commitment would waver as the day drew closer? But he is a boy obsessed.
He has also had a meeting with his school principal to ask if they would hold a uniform free day to help him along too, hopefully that will go ahead next month.
I have been 'allowed' to help with organizational details but he has been the ideas man and the driving force every step of the way. I am so proud of his passion, commitment and stunning selflessness. He truly amazes me.
Any donation is greatly appreciated showing your support by sharing this page to raise funds and awareness is also invaluable. Thank you for helping him to reach him goal!
You can stay updated via the updates section of this page or we would love if you would 'like' his page on facebook here https://www.facebook.com/cqffororphfund (as well as the main OrphFund page) and share it to your personal page and with anyone you think may like to be a part of helping OrphFund with the amazing work they do and encouraging Cael along the way!
if you would like more information on OrphFund and their projects, please go to http://www.orphfund.org