AU$5,415.00raised of AU$5,000.00 goal goal
Here is what we know currently, updates will be provided as they come in:
- Aida refugee camp located in Bethlehem, now has confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- UNRWA- The UN agency that has been developed solely to take care of Palestinian refugees, both internally and externally, has not only been absent for the residents of the camp during this time, they have ignored pleas for assistance.
- The only assistance they provided came 90 DAYS LATE, and fell short. ONLY 200 food packages were delivered. There are 760 families that need support.
- There are 300 residents with chronic illnesses - including blood pressure issues, diabetes, cancer and other conditions that leave them more vulnerable than their healthier peers.
- Aida camp is home to approximately 6000 registered refugees, that come from 35 different villages and cities from all over Palestine. They had their land stolen, homes taken and now there are generations living in a very dense space, which further increases their risk of catching and spreading.
- Running water which is not only ESSENTIAL for LIFE but also for health and infection control, is unreliable in the summer months and expensive to buy if their tanks run out.
- Bethlehem is now closed for at least 48 hours- this also limits work, access to medical supplies and other resources.
Follow @ballareco for updates on our instagram stories and posts.
- Amira Nimerawi
- Campaign Owner
The latest from BethlehemUpdate posted by Amira Nimerawi at 03:21 am
We have received updates from Bethlehem and Ramallah, indicating that the case load is rising rapidly. We now have 2000 confirmed COVID cases in the West Bank, increasing at approximately 200/day. We are working with the camp to understand their immediate needs and develop a plan so that once the. . . . .