I have spent the last twelve months developing this fantastic addictive game, I am also the co-creator of the kids book Shelltown
We are also launching charity versions of the game worldwide to help raise funds for good causes. <http://www.convoythegame.com/Sponsor-A-Square-NI>
ONCE YOU START PLAYING YOU WON'T WANT TO STOP.....
THIS NEW CHALLENGING GAME INCORPORATES ELEMENTS OF SKILL, STRATEGY AND LUCK.
CONVOY™ is an ideal :-
* after dinner game
* a social game for playing in pubs and clubs
* or just for fun with family and friends.
This gripping new game is currently being played in a number of pubs, bars & clubs across the UK & Europe creating some fantastic events with the game being enjoyed by more than just card players.
CONVOY™ is a card, strategy board game for 2, 3, 4 or 6 players.
The object of the game is to form “Convoys” comprising of 4 same coloured counters (or 3 plus a bonus counter) in a straight line either vertically, horizontally, diagonally or a square, anywhere on the board. Once a “Convoy” is completed the counters forming it are turned over to show the 2-tone colour. After this stage the “Convoy” in question cannot be removed. This is a very fast moving game as each move must be played within 30 seconds.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
PLAY DOMINATE WIN
Please see further down for the full rules:
What We Need & What You Get
we are seeking £1000 to complete the packaging design anf first production run. See perks....
A card, strategy board game for 2, 3, 4 or 6 players. (If 4 or 6 players split into teams of 2).
The board comprises of 2 full packs of cards with jacks and jokers removed (96 cards) and 4 roundels which act as bonus counters and as such cannot be covered with another counter. Bonus counters may be re-used by all players/teams during the course of play.
The object of the game is to form “Convoys” comprising of 4 same coloured counters (or 3 plus a bonus counter) in a straight line either vertically, horizontally, diagonally or a square, anywhere on the board. Once a “Convoy” is completed the counters forming it are turned over to show the 2-tone colour. After this stage the “Convoy” in question cannot be removed.
A “Convoy” may use only one counter within an existing “Convoy” by crossing that “Convoy” at right angles or diagonally. It is not allowable to add onto the end of an existing “Convoy” unless a complete “Convoy” of 4 (or 3+ a bonus counter) can be formed.
For 2, and 4 player games, 3 “Convoys” of the same colour must be formed to win the game, but for 3 and 6 player games this is reduced to 2 “Convoys”.
1. Shuffle the two full 52 card packs. Each player picks a card; the one with the highest card deals (Ace is high).
2. Each player (or team) selects a counter colour (one colour each). When playing in teams, players must be seated so they have alternate coloured counters e.g. 4 player game:- red, black, red, black and 6 player game:- red, black, blue, red, black, blue.
3. Add the 4 Jokers to the deck, reshuffle and deal 5 cards to each player placing the remaining deck face down and accessible to all players.
4. The player to the left of the dealer lays a card of their cards from their own pack face up in front of them and places a counter onto the space with the corresponding card on the board. Each play must be within 30 seconds. If a player fails to make their move within 30 seconds, they forfeit their turn.
5. The player then draws a new card from the deck to ensure they maintain 5 cards in their hand.
6. Play continues clockwise as each player takes turns, placing one counter on the board for each card played.
7. Jokers and Jacks are special cards. Jacks are either one-eyed Jacks (spades and hearts) or two-eyed Jacks (clubs and diamonds). If a one-eyed Jack is played, the player may remove an opponents counter from the board (except two-tone counters forming a %92%93Convoy) returning them to the other player/team (in a 3 or 6 player game remove a counter from each opponent or team). If a two-eyed Jack is played, the player may place their counter on any free square. If a Joker is played the player can choose to treat the card as either a one-eyed or two-eyed Jack.
8. The main deck can only be used once, this means the winner is the player/players with most %94%93Convoys if there is no clear winner the game becomes a stalemate (or draw).