I am looking to open a "More than Average" Repair Facility that really embraces its community. The idea is fairly complex but it is obvious enough that im not sure why it has not been done already. Heres the list of what I would like to incorporate into this business. Some things have had some experimentation, and others have not been anything more than a concept. I already have a home business and have advised a few tech repair startups to research my ideas. The research was solid, but funding was never there to really put it all to work for myself.
Here is an initial list of what I would like to integrate into this business.
- Electronics repair involving TV's, Tablets, Classic and new Game Consoles, Phones, Desktops, Laptops, Office Equipment and servers along with related on-site services. (Partially Implemented)
- Managed Services and Small business IT Support.
- Free and Paid Services Based Public workshops teaching people and technicians how to repair and maintain Consumer Electronics.
- Selling tools, parts (down to board level for some inventory), and documentation. Kits would be optimal but individual items are required in some categories.
- Company owned servers that will play host for popular games in the PC gaming community to keep customers engaged with our business. I see this as an undervalued advertising opportunity in the current market.
- Social integrations involving Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn as well as streaming communities to keep in touch with gamers we sponsor AND our customers in this market segment. This also helps to drive customers in via Facebook and YouTube among younger consumers.
- Buy - Sell - Trade retail for all devices involved (And their accessories) concentrated on the Used market but with new hardware available as well.
- Multiple locations with franchising opportunities would be optimal eventually.
I already have most of the equipment I need to get started with a few exceptions, I have SOME inventory, and I have a facebook page where i have built up a great reputation doing side work to jump start with. POS, financial Software, and repair tracking is already handled with some open source software i found that really works well. Website frameworks have been tested using Concrete5, Tomatocart, wordpress, Odoo, and Joomla so that I have some easy options for building a website and a feel for whats out there for initial creation should I have to create it on my own. Vendor list, location choices, traffic analysis, market analysis, advertising possibilities and local legal requirements have been researched but I need additional equipment, inventory and operating capital. After initial costs involving creating the business and locating it in Warren, OH I would have roughly $15,000 left to operate on and that would be sufficient to launch with $5,000 worth parts, and $5,000 of initial inventory with $5,000 left for buying used equipment to re-sell. It doesnt sound like much but i already know this would be sufficient and self sustaining.
I thank you for reading through this and if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask! Im also open to suggestions in getting more attention so that I may either find an investor or gain the crowd sourced funding I need to open!