We are a collective of independent workers who have recently experienced major setbacks in our finances and careers. We've decided to pool help into one place so it's easier for all of us to receive as much and as equitable help as possible.
- An abortion for Cadence: Cadence was sexually assaulted outside of the club where she works as a dancer. Despite reporting the incident, she's had very little help from the local police, and she later discovered that she was pregnant. We've called around to local women's programs, and they are out of funding at the moment. But she needs an abortion as soon as possible so she can get back to work.
She needs: $400
- Recovery funds for Chelle: Chelle is a single mother of 2, who escaped an abusive relationship and deteriorating living conditions three years ago. She has worked most of her life in the service industry, and is working on her doctorate's in computer science. She was recently in an accident that left her unable to work, and the insurance company of the offender as well as her own insurance, are doing very little to help her.
She had a previous campaign up, asking for help, but her insurance company (GEICO) threatened to drop her for having a campaign, despite knowing her situation. Her car is TOTALED and she's received a disconnect notice on her gas and lights, as well as a "notice to cure" telling her to pay her rent or she will be evicted. So, not only is she out of a car, she could lose her home.
GEICO knows this and still does NOT want her to ask for help, and they don't want to help her, so we're raising the money anyway. She needs: $5,500
- Work supplies for Sasha: Sasha is a student and unlicensed automotive mechanic (working on getting her certification), carpenter and laborer. She recently experienced severe health issues and was admitted to the hospital, later to be put on bed rest. After spending a week out of work, she found that her storage unit had been broken into and some of her most used tools had been stolen.
She needs: $840
- Transportation and work clothes for Jenny: Jenny just found work in the same area Sasha works out of, and has to travel an hour and a half away from home. She has no car, and can't afford lyft, so she takes the train. Even train tickets start getting expensive at that distance. She had been unemployed for a while and needs funds to make it to her first day of WORK on 03/04/2019. Because of her experience, they're not training her, she can just start working immediately.
She needs $237
- Rent/living expenses for Desiree: Desiree was recently fired from her job, and is hunting for new employment. For now she's doing Uber/UberEATS, Lyft, and Postmates until she can find work. She only has enough for utilities and her car payment. She still needs money for rent, groceries, and insurance.
She needs $1,223.
We appreciate all help and thanks for reading.