CHF2,517.00raised of CHF1,000.00 goal
Climb Like a Champ Bike Challenge
I will be cycling the height of Mont Blanc (4810m) in one day up the Col de Barillette to raise awareness of the importance of getting your body moving in order to be healthy and strong. I want to encourage as many people in the CdL community to get moving and to not be afraid of getting a little sweaty!
Whilst doing this, I hope to raise money for 'Lady Talk Matters', whose aims are listed below. Created and run by an incredible ambassador for women's sport, 'Lady Talk Matters' aims to encourage menstruating people to move more and learn about their bodies. (See the aims below.)
You can get involved in the following ways:
1) Join the Strava challenge created by CdLs Coach Jamie and ride the same distance as me over the course of a month: (4810m of height gain or 170km in distance);
2) Join us on the day: 3rd October on the Col du Barillette as I cycle it 6 times
3) Donate to the charity to support education on menstrual and reproductive health
Lady Talk Matters aims to end the taboos in conversations and legislation surrounding reproductive health. The charity's main aims are as follows:
- To encourage and inspire young women to lead a more active lifestyle, in any way that they can, in order to maintain health and strength.
- Educate young people, regardless of age, race, gender and socio-economic background to speak freely and openly about reproductive health;
- To raise awareness of, and funds for, those people who are in 'period poverty': the struggle of many young women who are unable to fund their menstrual needs - perhaps because they are refugees or falling under the poverty line in other ways.
Getting young people moving and taking care of themselves is incredibly important and removing taboos about talking about our bodies is a great first step in understanding them and just what they can do!
- Sophie Moores
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet