Hello. I write to you, generous potential donor, with a very humble message and a simple goal: clearing out debt that became the result of a series of unfortunate events.
Without detailing everything that has happened in the last few years I'll keep the main points of why I ask for a donation:
- I was hospitalized in early 2017. It turns out I have severe anxiety and depression that had gone undiagnosed my whole life. The ambulance that took me away misfiled my insurance and stuck me with a nearly $1k Bill.
- May 2017: I had spent a very large portions of my savings to move into a new place after ending a very bad relationship. This is around the time my ambulance bill started rearing its ugly head. Shortly after I had left my job due to it denying me hours I would need to cover even the most basic living expenses coupled with some work related issues that left me unable to work there safely and pay my bills.
- January 2018: I was forced to move to another place due to the bills piling up too rapidly combined with basic expenses that led to credit card and medical bill debt. My landlord that I left denied returning my deposit and blocked all communication to this day. I have yet to be able to afford a legal fund to take this horrid landlord to court.
- March 2018: I finally found a job that would afford me even a half decent lifestyle to attempt to pay my bills. Sadly my medical debt had gone to collection and my credit tanked by several hundred points. I have no car or mortgage so I had very little room to cut costs to bring my credit up any faster. I had set up small payment plans with my credit card holders to ease this burden somewhat.
- May to September 2018: This job had seen many bouts of sexual harassment and I was an unfortunate victim of said harassment (amongst other men and women) for several months until it became very clear that this situation was becoming dangerous. Naturally my mental health deteriorated during this time.
- September 2018: I was injured at my job (I was working alone which was against any company policy. I worked in a very drug heavy environment that frequently had theft and homelessness and drug use literally outside the door) and given a very different treatment by my superiors than others in the exact same situation. I essentially lost my job and the terrible insurance they signed me onto without my consent. Yay more medical bills and being out of work for about a month! No disability or supplemental income was earned during the mid September to mid October months.
- October 2018: I found yet another new job that was worlds better in terms of environment and equal in pay to my previous job. Sadly, the bills have continued to pile up so I was forced to close credit accounts in an attempt to slowly rebuild my life. I love my job and am actively trying to get a promotion to see things improve for my physical and mental health.
Sadly banks/debt collectors have little patience and despite these issues one disreputable company took it upon themselves to shadow siphon money from my account. I called the company in question to be absolutely sure it wasn't fraud given it had been over several months (close to almost 1 1/2 years) and they said it was not them. Following a fraud report with my bank said disreputable company came out saying it was them and I lost my fraud case. I am currently fighting for my claim to be reopened and hoping to raise money in the future to take this bank to court for defrauding me hundreds of dollars. This company has a 1 star rating on the BBB for this exact issue to hundreds of people across the country.
I hope you appreciate my honesty as this has been a very difficult few years. My mental health has suffered greatly and it has been difficult to continuing fighting while being unable to afford treatment. Know that this money is not for buying a lavish car or clothes or trips and unnecessary luxuries. It is for rent/basic bills ($20 phone bill/food) and paying off this credit/medical debt that was at one time decreasing until my series of unfortunate events happened. I am not one to ask for something like this ever and it hurts me deeply that this may be my only option. Thank you so much for your kindness and know that every cent is appreciated equally.