Hi. I am a teacher in a public school. I was hired last year and now on my second year, I was given a classroom which needs a bit renovation.
I am trying to fund ways to make my classroom conducive to learning and then I bumped into this fundraising website which I hope will give answers to a problem I have right now.
I actually have plans for my classroom so that students will feel comfortable with the environment, but I the problem is... I don't have enough funds for it.
You may wonder and ask "Does your school don't have funds for it?", well yes, the school have funds but not enough for every classroom. Iassure that our institution (the administration) is doing its best for the learners.
When I first found out that I will be using the room (drafting room) I was happy because last year, my advisory and class doesn't have a room so we have to roam around the campus and look for vacant rooms. Now, having a class room is a good thing. I am lucky to have my own room.. but the thing is.. the class room is not quite sufficient for the learners because it lacks things that a class room must have.
So through this campaign, I am hoping to find good hearts—those who are ready to help and those who believe that the learning environment should be comfortable.
The following are the problems I found inside my classroom:
WINDOWS. The jalousies are not working fine. Some were stuck and some glasses were missing already. I am planning to replace or fix it and put some curtains so that the room is not so bright which makes the writings on the board hard to see especially on the part of the students who are sitting on the leftside of the room, it might affect their vision.
WALL. The wall needs repainting because it has smudges. The color's white so dirt is very visible when viewed it near. I would like to repaint it with different color or use wallpapers on some parts of the room.
FLOOR. It the biggest problem I have because the concrete floor already looks like a crater and when swept using a broom, the floor becomes a powder, dust flies around the room which is not good for the health (especially to me who have allergic rhinitis and asthma). I think plastering it or putting another layer on top will make the powdering stop and if there's still more budget, I would like to have it tiled.
TOILET. The cr is very messy, the tiles have splattered paints and the wall is also messy.
VENTILATION. The room is quite huge and needed to be ventilated. So I have to buy 2 or more electric fans.
INTERIOR. The room's interior is empty. I already made some wall decors to enhance the interior but I ran out of money and still needed more materials.
MATERIALS I NEED INSIDE THE CLASS ROOM:
* Cabinets to store the students' output and other files that has to be organized.
* Security screws to fasten the fiber glass on the drawing table.
* Door knob because my door's lock was broken.
* LED bulbs with a higher wattage (because the amount of light inside the room is not enough)
* LED TV for the presentation of lessons (because students were more engaged with technology). Reality check: I use my net book to present them my lesson, the room is a bit huge so the students who are sitting at the back find it difficult to see what's on the laptop. So in the end, I would have to write it down on the board which is time consuming.
* LEARNERS MODULE (the most important thing). I would like to print the soft copy that I have and then photocopy it on a printing shop then ask them to bind it.6
I assure you that 100% of the donations will benefit the students. Documentations will also be posted on a in order to thank the sponsors or donors.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
— Teacher Jo 💕