- According to World Bank’s collection 48.35% Ugandans live in slums,
- A Slum is a highly populated urban residential area consisting mostly of closely packed ,decrepit housing units in a situation of deteriorated or infrastructure inhabited primarily by impoverished people
- Katanga slums stretches about 1.5km from Wandegeya near Bwaise and is divided into two administrative local council Busia and kimwamanyi zone, Kimwanyi is developed with student hostels as viewed from Wandegeya and temporary structures built with timbers or mud and bricks.
- Even though housing units are in poor conditions 60% of the people living there are tenants and their average income is 70 US dollars per month hence finding it hard to earn a living ,
Generally most families in Katanga slums have an average of four children, some are single mothers,There is a family I was supporting before Covid19 disorganizing everything and she was a single mother with six children all were living in one room a bit hard for them.
A Christmas gift for Katanga slums campaign has been designed to support families in Katanga slums buy food for Christmas, we are targeting to offer a Christmas gift to three hundred families (300)
- Break down
- 1kg of sugar costs 5000 ugx
- 1kg of rice 5000 ugx
- 1kg of maize flour 3500 ugx
- 1kg of beans 4500 ugx
- 1kg of beef 19000ugx
- 1kg bar soap 5000 ugx
Feel free to donate any thing you can