For the last three years I have initiated, arranged and been in charge of charity visits to Care Homes, Hospices (e.g. TAFTA), and Hospitals (eg. Prince Mshiyeni Memorial Hospital), on or around Christmas Day. The aim of the visits is to bring some love, care, and joy to those without, and to those who have to spend it alone.
This year's plan is to reach more of the elderly at the TAFTA homes in Durban, specifically the Assisted Living and Frail Care Homes: John Conradie House and John Dunn House. Below is a list of the items needed. Alternatively, if you would prefer to make a donation you can do so on this page.
Medical items are our first priority as these are used daily and of dire need.
• 18g, 20g, 21g, 22g & 23g injection needles
• 2.5ml, 5ml, 10ml safety syringes
• 2ml, 5ml, 10ml, 20ml syringes
• Powder free latex gloves (SML)
• Powder free vinyl gloves(SML)
• Nappies medium, large and x large
• Blood pressure Machine
• Glucose test machine
• On call test strips for glucose testing
• Gauze 100x100
• Bandages 100mmx 5m and 75mm x5m
• Swabs for cleaning wounds
• Transpore or Micropore
• Band aid Plasters assorted sizes
• Non allergic Elastoplast large for wound dressing
• CPR Mouth Masks
• 1 pair forceps
• 1 pair scissors silver 100mm
• First aid dressings 75mmx100mm
• First aid dressings 105mmx200mm
• Sticks for the sugar testing
Food Items required:
We are also open to receiving donations such as linen, curtains, crockery, cutlery, clothing, utensils, pots and pans.
If you are able to assist with these items it will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your help!