My name is Luke, I'm 23 and I'm in my 4th year of my studies at Vilnius University, Lithuania. I study creative communications and for this short period of two months ( from September until November) I'll be working as an intern in a Public Enterprise called Good News Center. It's a nonprofit christian organization and one of the major projects, which it organizes, is an annual one day contemporary christian music festival SIELOS (meaning souls in Lithuanian). It gathers around 1,500 viewers plus 250 people, including singers, musicians, staff members and volunteers. For me it's a meaningful event and I want to be a part of it.
Talking about the festival SIELOS itself, first of all I'll say, that its an awesome event, which brings together a lot of musicians, artists, singers, young people, adults, elderly people and of course many believers from different christian communities into one place. Every year this big gathering takes place in a different city of Lithuania. It already has visited 17. Since this festival is one of its kind here in Lithuania, we actually have a big opportunity to spread the christian culture through music and art. The main goals of SIELOS are put into these 7 statements:
1. To promote Christian music development in Lithuania;
2. To share the Gospel using contemporary forms of art;
3. To organize a memorable annual festival each time in different city of Lithuania;
3. To introduce contemporary Christian music artists and bands to the society;
4. To encourage young believers not to be ashamed of their values and to set youth on fire for an upright life that's full of love for God, neighbor and their homeland;
5. To share christian faith and values with other believers and non believers;6. To be a counterweight for a culture of drugs and violence, to speak about a different life through popular music industry.
It's not a secret, that in order to make this one day celebration happen, we need to have a certain financial base. Thanks to many supportive volunteers, this becomes much easier, but still there are concrete needs that have to be met. Every year the biggest percentage of finances is dedicated for :
- Stage rent (there will be three);
- Equipment rent (lighting, sound and filming equipment);
- Food services (that includes feeding participants, volunteers and the whole staff);
- Hosting a guest band (this year it's !Audacious from UK).
Last year ( 2018) festival SIELOS cost about 20,000 euros. This organization Good News Center managed to cover half of the sum meaning that the other half had to be paid from it's own pocket. For me it's a sad thing, so I wanted for such a thing not to happen this year. I want to help this organization. So I have decided to try my luck . I hope to collect a sum of 1,500 euros. Yes, for me this is a first campaign. I may have high hopes and expectations, but in the end ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY that will be collected during this short period of time will be a great blessing and a proof of love and generosity.
Thank YOU for reading this and maybe even considering supporting this project :)
Festival date is the 16th of November, 2019.
Place - Šakiai town.
If YOU would like to find out more about this nonprofit organization Good News Center, visit their site: www. gnc.lt Just don't forget to turn on the english version ;)