Childhood disability affects families in every country on the planet. For me, it is a daily reality.
Through my engagement in the International Cerebral Palsy Society (www.icps.org.uk), I know the work of many organisations around the world dedicated to childhood disability. They are mostly small-scale, dealing directly with the needs of children in their local community.
This campaign focuses on one organisation in particular: SESOBEL in Lebanon. The Covid-19 pandemic is just the latest in a series of shocks for this charity: the nation's financial crisis, civil unrest, more refugees from neighbouring Syria per capita than any other country...
I know Fadia Safi, the President & CEO, personally and I can vouch for the essential work that SESOBEL is doing under very difficult circumstances. Here is a list from SESOBEL of how your donations could help them:
- Food batch for a family of 4 persons: 100 EUR/USD
- Hygiene package per family: 100 EUR/USD
- Diapers/nappies for 1 child or 1 youth per month: 30 EUR/USD
- Chronic medicines per child or his parents per month: 50 EUR/USD (not included cancer, epilepsy, sclerosis or degenerative diseases medicines…)
- Individual or group psychological intervention session: 100 EUR/USD
- Respiratory physiotherapy session at home: 40 EUR/USD (including protection accessories)
- Sponsoring a child per month: 1000 EUR/USD
- Any donation during this very difficult time that enable SESOBEL to carry on.
I will collect donations through GoGetFunding and transfer them to SESOBEL.