The Campaign is based on the Caring Hearts Project Proposal, a 3-in-1 projects comprise school, vocational training centre and Welfare home, in Uromi, Esanland, Edo state, South-South Nigeria; in that area there. Over the years, most children of the poor in Nigeria have been denied access to sound basic education. This is occasioned by the fact that most government owned schools are in a state of physical comatose devoid of requisite facilities and accessories necessary for optimum learning while the few good private schools available charge outrageous fees and all manner of sundry levies that are astronomically above the means of poor parents/guardians.
The threesome-project anchored on the fulcrum of social trinity was borne out of the urgent necessity to lift up the poor, down trodden and less privileged from the abyss of illiteracy, poverty, squalor, unemployment, neglect etc. and place them on a pedestal of literacy, self-employment, self-sufficiency and decent living. The school shall be free for all.
The aims of the project are:
- To provide unrestrained opportunity for children of the poor to have access to high-quality education.
- To restore the lost glory of education by raising the bar of academic excellence.
- To use the instrumentality of sound education to fight poverty, unemployment, illegal migration and crimes.
- To instill the christian virtues of hard work, obedience, patience and perseverance in students/pupils through moral re-orientation and value re-appraisal.
- To restore the dignity of the younger generation and prepare them to be future leadersand global champions in various fields of human endeavours.
The Vocational Training Centre shall serve as an integrated but independent skill acquisition arm of the school. It is designed to provide opportunities for teenagers, young men and women to acquire skills in relevant trades in order to make them economically independent and self-reliant.
Part of the long term goals of the school is to help Italy and other European countries meet the deficit in the supply of low cadre manpower. To this end, the school shall give opportunity to interested companies/organizations in Europe to sponsor indigent but intelligent children in the school and vocational training centre.
We are of the view that the best way to address the exodus of illegal immigrants from Nigeria to Europe is to tackle the menace from the roots.