We are a small group of students who are part of te engineering society at Ekamai International School. We were able to get our hands on a 1980 Toyota Corona RT132 and have made plans to restore and modify it so that it could be driven once more. The objective of the project is to enhance our understanding of automobiles and the processes required to develop them. Being a small group, we are unable to afford all the necessary components to actually restore the vehicle to drive-able conditions While we have already put money from our own pockets into the project, we acknowledge that it is not enough to actually fulfill the objective that we have made. As a result, we would like to ask for your help in funding this project so that we can purchase or fabricate the specific components needed to finish the car.
Our plans are:
- Rust repairs (outsourced)
- Engine overhaul from a 3T carbureted to an injected 3S-GTE
- Roll Cage for safety and torsional stiffness
- Coilovers and new suspension arms
- Brakes (sourced second hand)
- Fiberglass aerodynamic parts (e.g. diffuser)