Hello. I am a self-employed main breadwinner for our family of four which include my senior parents who are in their 70s and who have lifelong medical conditions, and my younger sister. My younger sister is employed but it is not a high-paying job and could barely cover all of her own needs.
I started a small business in 2010 but it came to an end around 2016. Since 2016 we have been on a tightrope, always just managing to get through at the last minute with barely anything to spare. That was also the year that I had a dark encounter with depression. We have gotten by so far with a lot of hard work plus the help and support of close friends and communities. I have continued to earn income outside of a formal business setup but can only do limited projects due to certain mental and emotional health issues.
2020 has been the year that tipped the balance against us. And now we need one big push. My dad was hit with Covid in the middle of the year which made worse an already difficult chain of circumstances that was triggered by the pandemic quarantine.
This campaign hopes for a financial boost for the family to recover in the new year -- the target amount will take care of:
- Paying off all existing loans and overdue payables including house rent
- Maintenance medicines and regular consultations for two senior parents in their 70s with lifelong medical conditions
- Monthly utility bills and groceries
- Replacement and/or repair of all broken/worn-down appliances, furniture, and fixtures in the house that make daily life just a little bit more challenging on so many levels. The goal is also to smoothen home movements and aid chores for the two seniors.
- Capital to fully set up a small home-based creative business that will allow me to take care of the household while also earning income -- what I have now is a make-do/makeshift set-up that severely limits how I am able to work. Funds are needed to invest in some basic equipment, materials, advertisement, online education/training, and also including business registrations and permits, settling any existing tax dues, and the recurring fees after. Funds will also allow me to pour in the much needed time and energy into building and growing the business. -- Unlike the previous business, this one is in accordance with my own capacity, health, and personal powers.
With this campaign we hope to get a good push out of the hard cycle of just-surviving-day-by-day and be able to build a more sustainable living with relative comfort and good health.
In return upon success of this campaign, I will regularly donate to other campaigns here as well as to the causes that I have been supporting such as local animal rescue and eco-village building. My personal donation will come from the business income I aim to earn once the home-based creative business is fully and properly set up.
Thank you in advance for your help and consideration.