Hi! My name is Jessica Carey (Bajzath). I recently came across a documentary on Eva Kor, a Holocaust survivor. Her family was sent to Auschwitz concentration camp, where her and her twin sister Miriam were used as "human experiments" by Dr. Joseph Megele. After enduring 10 months of torture, the war had ended and they were liberated. Eva and her sister Miriam were the only members of their family to survive.
After looking for more information on such a remarkable woman and her story, I came across an opportunity to visit Auschwitz with her, as well as spend a week in Krakow, Poland. The trip is June 22-30, 2018.
Ever since I was a little girl I was very interested in learning about history and the Holocaust. My grandfather and grandmother (Hungarian and Austrian) were P.O.W. and a survivors of WWII prison camps. So this opportunity really hits close to home for me and have always been interested in going to learn more information of what my grandfather and grandmother went through.
$4,200 will be used for the following:
• Economy class flight from Chicago to Krakow (“complete” trip package only)
• Tour bus transportation from Terre Haute, IN to Chicago, IL
• Motor coach transportation in Krakow
• Daily breakfasts, three lunches, and most evening meals
• Hotel accommodations at a 5-star property
• Daily professional guide services
• Three days of Auschwitz touring, including fees, professional guides, and headsets
• Krakow city and Jewish Quarter tours, with headsets
• Wawel Cathedral and St. Mary’s Basilica inside visits
• Tour of the medieval salt mines of Wieliczka
• An autographed paperback copy of Eva’s book, Surviving the Angel of Death
• Tips on included services
• One copy of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial: A Guidebook
Preliminary 2019 Itinerary:
Saturday, June 22: Depart USA from Chicago
Sunday, June 23: Arrive in Krakow, get situated at hotel
Monday, June 24: Tour the Jewish Quarter, Krakow’s Old Town, Wawel Castle, St. Mary’s Basilica
Tuesday, June 25: Tour Auschwitz-Birkenau with guides and Eva
Wednesday, June 26: Tour Auschwitz I with guides and Eva
Thursday, June 27: Tour Wieliczka Salt Mine, free afternoon
Friday, June 28: Half day at each of the camps for further exploration and reflection
Saturday, June 29: Free day (with some suggested options)
Sunday, June 30: Return to USA
The amount of time and effort Mrs. Kor has put into spreading light on the truth of the Holocaust, as well as her outlook on forgiveness and spreading awareness to others about finding inner peace after tragedy and overcoming prejudice is absolutely amazing. This would be a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I would benefit from this amazing experience in so many ways! Thanks for taking the time to read and take interest in my family history and my desire for education.
Thanks and God bless.