Empowering communities to achieve a sustainable future by providing a hand UP, not a hand out.
RIPPLE Africa is a charity registered in both the UK and the USA, working to improve the environment and local education in Africa. The charity was founded in 2003 by Geoff and Liz Furber who both share a passion for Africa, especially northern Malawi. During one fateful trip (and some very questionable map reading!) to Malawi, they found their way to the village of Mwaya and fell in love with the area. They decided to buy a property there and, with the combination of their skills and a strong passion for Africa, RIPPLE Africa was born.
Our Core Values
- Long term commitment to local communities.
- Sustainable simple community led projects.
- We are realists, not idealists.
- Ensure that local communities have a positive future.
- Efficient and effective use of all our funding.
- We are open and honest about our successes and failures.