Have you never thought about donating? Now is the time - we need YOU!
We are two danish girls at the age of 20, Nanna and Anna. We are spending three months working as volounteers for two different organizations called ACH-CAICC and Yo Voy a Ti. Both organizations are non-profit orgnizations.
ACH-CAICC is an organization that works with children and young people who are at risk biopsychosocially, as a consequence of partial abandonment due to the parents being incarcerated.
Some of the values they are working with are:
- Discovering one's personal strengths
- Support and stimulation in their formal education
- Psychological support
There are three different parts of ACH-CAICC:
- ACH: works with children living with their parents in the prisons of Cochabamba. The two prisons are named; San Sebastian in Cochabamba, and San Pedro in Quillacollo.
- CISS: is a nursery working with children in the age of 8 months to 5 in San Sebastian, Cochabamba.
- CAICC: is a daycare center working with children in the age of 5 to 20 in Colcapihua, Cochabamba.
Our mainly focus is CISS and CAICC. We have a desire to donate several things to make a better environment for the children. We have three different things we would like to donate:
- CISS: bibs for the infants. When we work at CISS, we experience that everytime they have aten, it is necessary to change the clothes, because there is food all over. Because of their age, they are not able to eat probably - this is why bibs are really needed at CISS.
- CAICC: Toys for the younger children. The toys they have right now is in really bad condicion. We would like for the children to have new dolls, bears and LEGO. Another desire we have, is to buy them a big worldmap they can put on one of the walls; many of the children do not know there are a world outside Bolivia.
Furthermore we are working in the organization Yo Voy a Ti.
Through play and creative activities we are working to increase the street children's self-esteem. Classes are held among others by driving around with a mobile school where we teach children and young people in the streets and slums of Cochabamba. The goal is to increase their self-esteem, their reading and writing skills as well as their skills in social relationships and communication.
Your donation will go to:
Right now, we have a wish to start a new project here in Cochabamba - in a part of the city called Takaloma. It is a free computer center, where the streetchildren can come any time and approve their english, mathematics and spanish skills. All we need to start up this project, is three computers. In all the three computers will cost 400 USD.
Also, we always need support financially for maintenance of the mobile school. Because of your donation, we can continue our work with the exposed streetchildren.
To reach these goals, we need your help financially. Your support will make a huge different. Our goal is to raise 600 USD - and any amount of donations is highly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your help and time - you are making a difference.
Many greetings from,
Anna Egebro Hansen and Nanna Louise Laursen, Denmark.