I'm Caelyn (age 13) and the sole proprietor of Caelyn's Creations. I started my business a few months ago to help pay for my hockey after my Mom became sick with Sjorgrens and had to stop working. I believe if you want something...you work hard for it!
My business offers unique arts and crafts servicing the Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia and beyond.
While I love creating with various mediums, my favourite thing to do is pyrography.
To date, my business has been VERY successful! I sell everything I make within minutes of it being completed. However, as you might imagine, woodworking and pyrography tools are very expensive. My startup costs were just under $6000.00. I have invested everything back into my business to date because this is a business that I will continue to own and operate throughout my school years (and perhaps beyond). I am seeking to raise the remainder of what I owe for my startup ($2100). This will allow me to start making profit and start playing hockey again (detailed business plan and financials available upon request).
REWARD DETAILS: I have an extensive website created for my business (www.caelynscreations.ca). Thousands of people visit this site every month. I have created a 3-tier reward system to thank you for your support. Should you donate ANY amount, you will be recognized on my website on the page "Members of the Board". This will be a spot on my website to publicly thank all of those who have given me a helping hand. The 3 tiers are as follows:
$1-$99 donation: your name will be added on my website to the Members of the Board listing
$100-$249 donation: I will name one of my Smokeheads after you (e.g. "Stella"). You will then be able to check a map and see a picture of your honorary creation and see where it was purchased.
$250 + : I will send you your own Smokehead anywhere in Canada (possibly the US too provided shipping does not exceed $50 CAN).
Additional Things I "WOOD" like you to know about why you should support my business:
- I help my community environmentally: for the most part, I get my wood from fallen trees or from the local strawberry box making industry. If I didn't use the "waste" from the strawberry box making, that wood goes into a big burn pile or are buried. My tealight holders are especially helpful with this. I also recycle things like rope and hockey skate laces that I use for smokehead handles.
- socially, my smokeheads bring friends & family together. They are great for ANY occasion such as birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduations, holidays, and for that person you want to give a gift to that has EVERYTHING and doesn't want any more stuff.
- My creations keep history alive. I burn different images such as The Halifax Explosion and Canada 150 into my artwork.
- I provide business opportunities by creating jobs for other people. I am very proud to employ people with exceptionalities too.
- I am constantly giving back to my community. I make donations to causes and also make creations that people auction off to raise money for their causes. In the few short months I've been in business, I've supported over 12 initiatives.
Thanks in advance for your support!