€25.00raised of €5,000.00 goal goal
No more donations are being accepted at this time. Please contact the campaign owner if you would like to discuss further funding opportunities
Let’s eliminate cigarette butt litter together!
- Only in Hungary there are 20 billion cigarettes sold yearly (around 4,500 billion worldwide).
- 38% of the litter found are cigarette butts.
- 75% of the smokers admit throwing away butts.
- One butt thrown away can contaminate up to 500-1000 litres of water!
- This will not change unless littering is sanctioned!
Our patent pending “Method for identifying the purchaser of goods the remains of which ended up as illegal litter” (patent nr: P 19 00 047) can help.
But we need your help to be able to succeed!
We filed our patent in Hungary, but in order to be able to spread, we need to patent our method in more countries, and this costs money (which we don't have at the moment :-( ).
With patents in several countries we can push the politicians to take us seriously and apply measures to introduce a system, where:
- If the owner of a thrown away cigarette butt can be easily found (throw away your cigarette butt and you will get a fine) smokers will not throw away their butts!
- If we introduce a system where the owner of cigarette butt litter can not buy another box of cigarettes until the fine is not paid, littering will become even more inconvenient!
- The income from the fines will recover the invested money several times, but at the end cigarette butt litter disappears and the burden on nature will be much lower!
- If instead of paying a fine a choice can be made to “pay with collected butts”, then:
- the environment will become much cleaner
- the owners of the collected butts can be issued an additional fine!
And to be even more lucrative:
- The system can support easy anonymous data collection to aim preventive education.
- Underage smoking can be fought (cigarettes found in hands of underage children can be identified and the responsible adult source penalised).
- Less forest fires caused by cigarette butts thrown out of car windows.
- Easily enforceable fines, a huge income for the budget, meaning taxes can be cut elsewhere.
- Akos Szalay
- Campaign Owner
No updates for this campaign just yet