I've known the Masemola family for 11 years, and we have been supporting them financially for a lot of years. Unfortunately their circumstances has changed for the worst the past few months. Christina (28), the eldest daughter, who has moved out +- 8 years ago, has taken it upon herself to take in 2 of her siblings (hopefully 2 more depending on funds), to provide them with a stable home, but to do so she needs your help.
Christina is one of 8 children. Both her parents are not working, and her mother has a major gambling problem. Her mother has also been borrowing money from loan sharks and a number of people in the community, and she has been involved in some political unrest. This has escalated to such an extent that they were forced to move to a different part of Pretoria.
Christina is most concerned about the youngest children (girls: 11, 12, 15; boy: 17). Both their parents are away from home most of the day, with no one taking care of them. Christina has requested permission from her landlord for the extra children to stay with her in the single Garage, but will only be able to stay for a maximum of 3 months, after which they will have to move.
Your help will be greatly appreciated, and your donations will be utilised in the following ways, highest priorities on top:
- Buy Food and toiletries for the children(R400 per month per child).
- Rent will increase by R200 per month per child at their current location (a single garage).
- Transport to and from School: R450 per child. Unfortunately, limited space was available so late in the year, and this is the only available option. They are trying to see how they can reduce this cost.
- Find a new rental property. Cost between R2500 -R3500 per month.
- Purchase a stand and building a new home: between R40 000 (Shack with no water or electricity) and R170 000 (Brick home with water and electricity). By doing this, rental costs can be reduced.
Any kind of assistance will be greatly appreciated, no matter how small.