After completing a new library at Huay Mak Oo school in Mae Sariang District, Thailand, we arrive at Baan Watoo Border Police Learning Center in the same district.
About Baan Watoo Border Police Learning Center
Located along the border of Myanmar-Thailand in a far remote corner, the learning center is one of the few education services available to Thai Karen children living at vicinity. The learning center provides preschool to elementary level education, as well as secondary level shall students attain such competency.
Due to poor accessibility and its far out location, the school runs with a limited facility - With just one long concrete building, used for various functions like classroom, activity room, reading room. Occasionally, Thai’s Princess and helpful communities would provide basic material needs.
We aim to raise fund, build a new library and a First-Aid room. It will be completed and ready for use in March 2019, with the help of volunteers.
What We Need
A survey of the Learning Center had concluded the following necessities, and we appeal for your help.
All donation in kind will be forwarded to the Learning Center at no cost, volunteers pay for their travel costs and labour for a good cause.
- Soft toys
- Picture books for children below 3 years old
- Mosquito repellents, first aid kit
- Cleaning tools such as, broom, dishwashing liquid
- A new 4x8 meter long building, to be use as a library and First-Aid room. Estimated cost at around 300,000 baht.
On behalf of the Learning Center, we would like to thank all generous donation received.
More of Our Work
- Past Activity at Huay Mak Oo school, Mae Sariang Thailand
- Baan Watoo Border Police Learning Center Facebook page
- About Us - Our Facebook page