Our son, Zion Kendrick Aquino Nasol, was born 8 weeks’ early on 2 September 2019, weighing 1.9 kg. He needs to remain in an incubator which mimics the uterine environment and will provide heat to keep a constant body temperature. He had spent weeks on extra oxygen to support his breathing and feeds through orogastric tube. It was really hard to predict how long our preemie baby will have to stay in the NICU, as it depends upon a multitude of factors. He's now breathing on his own and able to be fed by breast and bottle but after the doctors hear a heart murmur, a series of test was done and he was diagnosed with Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA). Because of his condition, he had to stay in the NICU for another week to keep him under close observation.
Leaving the hospital without our little fighter was one of the toughest things we ever had to do. We've been through a lot, we've been financially drained but with God's grace and support from dear friends and loved ones, we will be able to survive.
We are humbly seeking upon your good hearts to extend to us your prayers and financial assistance to help us overcome these trying times. Anything you can donate would be an enormous help. Thank you so much and God bless you!
On a rainy afternoon of 1st September, my water broke. It didn't hurt but I knew something was wrong so I informed my OB Gyne right away (in Las Piñas) and was advised to go to the nearest ER, ASAP (we are currently in Rizal when my water ruptured). We went to Padre Pio Maternity and Hospital where I was monitored. They did everything to prolong the stay of my baby inside my tummy. But after an internal examination, I was about 2-3 cm dilated and was advised to be transferred to another hospital that has specialist intensive care facilities. Trying to find a 'budget-friendly' institution, we've been to Philippine Children's Medical Center, Dr. Jose Fabella Memorial Hospital, and Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center only to be rejected since there is no vacancies and needed facilities (incubator) and I’ve been told again and again that we will likely lose him. I’m so pissed off. I just wanted to save my baby. As water and blood continue to gush out, I was talking to my little one to hold on and stay still, praying to make him strong and asking God to let me take him home one day. Early morning of September 2, we headed back to Las Piñas and was admitted to Pope John Paul II Hospital and Medical Center as per OB's referral. Severe labor pains occurred that caused the preterm delivery of my son. Dry labor and excruciating pain cannot be compared to the immense joy when I heard him cry. He was worth fighting for. Sadly, I didn't get the chance to hold my baby. Later, I was diagnosed with incompetent cervix.
We also appreciate donations directly made through:
Bank Name: BDO
Account Name: Ghaleendo V. Nasol
Account Number: 000661553124