This fund is managed by National Campus Life Network, a Canadian pro-life not for profit corporation, in partnership with CitizenGO. NCLN is dedicated to the persuasion of youth to the pro-life perspective. We do this by working with students in post-secondary institutions across Canada.
We have started this campaign after viewing the movie ‘Unplanned’ and were inspired to disseminate this movie to as many people as possible in Canada. Abby Johnson’s journey into Planned Parenthood began on a university campus in the United States. She was lured to join Planned Parenthood because of the inspirational language and messaging that the company used.
This horrified us as an organization and reinforced our commitment to reaching Canadians with the devastating truth of abortion.
Following the advice of those who distribute this movie in the United States, this fund will go towards supporting free viewings of 'Unplanned' in as many Canadian communities as possible. It is imperative that as many people in Canada view this movie, which has been challenging the abortion status quo in North America.
Our aim is to build this fund regularly over the next few months while decisions are made regarding having the movie licensed in Canada to be viewed at major theatres or doing it through private theatres. The money raised will fulfill 3 main functions:
- As the money is raised, NCLN will communicate with Cineplex Odeon and other major theatre companies that there is money available to be used to buy out theatres. This will prove that there is interest and demand as well as profit to be made.
- Upon a licensing agreement being reached, these funds will be used to buy-out theatres in communities. More details to be announced on this in the coming weeks.
- If a licensing agreement is not reached, these funds will be used to aid communities in hosting private viewings.
- This is not purchasing a ticket
- This does not guarantee you a spot at a viewing or that Unplanned is guaranteed to come to your community.
- These funds will be pooled to bring the movie to as many key locations throughout Canada as possible. The discerning of these locations will be determined in the coming months with the advice of our American counterparts and partners.
- NCLN and CitizenGo will hold this money in trust and will communicate with the public as more information comes to light regarding viewings.
- This money will not be used for any other purpose than to facilitate viewings across Canada
National Campus Life Network and CitizenGo are merely the facilitators of this campaign and fund. We believe Canadians need to see abortion. As such, the funds raised will strictly be used for aiding in efforts to screen Unplanned across Canada. We are part of a larger Canadian pro-life movement and are facilitating this fund on behalf of the movement to enable the dissemination of this message to the wider public across our country. Viewings, etc. will be decided upon in the coming months through the advice of our American counterparts and partners. Thank you.
the NCLN Team in partnership with CitizenGO and the Canadian pro-life movement,
Ruth Shaw, NCLN Executive Director
David Cooke, CitizenGo Executive Director, Canada