Business process outsourcing (BPO) is a subset of outsourcing that involves the contracting of the operations and responsibilities of specific business functions to a third-party service provider. BPO is typically categorized into back office outsourcing – which includes internal business functions such as human resources or finance and accounting, and front office outsourcing – which includes customer-related services such as contact center services.
A typical BPO unit set-up requires following:
1. Room/office etc.
2. Computer and Server set-up including various software.
3. Broadband Connectivity, preferably a leased line.
4. At least one IT technician/engineer.
5. At least one person with managerial skills (Team Leader) for each shift.
6. Educated workforce young people ready to work in shifts.
7. In most cases, English language skills, at least good reading and writing skills