Rostislav Vitek has reached the French shore after 9hr43min tough swim fighting with the tide. 43.2km has been swum. The wind speed was only 3 knots in the beginning of the swim. The wind speed kept increasing over the way, which was not up to the weather forecast by the pilot. When reaching the French shore, the wind got 5 times stronger than before ie. 15 knots. It wasn’t possible for him to swim the way back to England unfortunately under the tough condition. Only a calm water condition over 16-20 hours can allow to complete two-way English Channel and it could happen once only every 2-3 years. The difficulty of swimming English Channel is that an appointment must be made 3-4 years in advanced and it isn't possible to have the weather predicted. This is open water swimming and weather is the first factor. It would be risky for life safety especially for the heart to swim the way back under the harsh condition. We still give high respect and admiration to this big man to complete the one-way English Channel in wavy condition.
We have lowered the goal of the fundraising from €3000 to €1000 and wish to complete it. Our swimming support team have started our journey from 2am in Brno, Czech Republic to Dover, England. The road journey takes around 14-16hours. Then, we will wait for the good weather to start the twoway swim. Follow us on myswimchallenge on facebook for the most updated information.
There are three weeks left to go and we will start our journey to England for the channel. After some time, the funding has reached 9%. Thank you everyone so far for donation! We need more sharing and support. Keep it up!
Thank you for all the sharing and donation. The donation got over €100 and is now shown on the public list on gogetfunding.com. 5% of the target is funded! We would appreciate if you could keep sharing the links to your friends.