Updates on

Update posted by Gail Lynette Iwata On Oct 27, 2016

26th October 2016:

Leeloo was very relaxed today and seemed to sense he was finally being freed from his prison He was very curious on the drive and once we got to the cargo company at Naha airport he let me give him a good head scratch through the bars while we waited for them to process him.

He is getting first class treatment!! Suzuki-san from Hankyu Hanshin express cargo company flew in from Tokyo this morning to meet us and make sure Leeloo gets safely onto the flight to Haneda. This evenings flight will depart at midnight and Leeloo will arrive at LAX tomorrow morning JCT 10:00am.

Updates and pics of his arrival will be posted as soon as I receive them!!

once again thank you to everyone who supported this amazing rescue, I couldn't have done it without your generosity!

27th October 2016:

Leeloo has arrived safely in California and is currently en route to Fellow Earthlings sanctuary. Once they are all settled in pictures will be posted,

Update posted by Gail Lynette Iwata On Oct 18, 2016

We have a confirmed flight for Leeloo departing Okinawa on Wednesday 26th October. Updates will be posted once he arrives in his new home. Thank you again, for the kindness shown to this little soul xx Starfish blessings!

Update posted by Gail Lynette Iwata On Sep 23, 2016

Fabulous news!! US fish & wildlife has approved the import permit for Leeloo. We are in the final stages of this journey, we now need to arrange for a vet to issue a "fit to travel" and Lufthansa to confirm the flight and Leeloo will be on his way to his place in the sun. Blessings to all our supporters, without you this would have been an impossible task!

Update posted by Gail Lynette Iwata On Sep 07, 2016

Update posted by Gail Lynette Iwata On Aug 15, 2016

Thank you to all the amazingly compassionate & generous people that have reached out and donated to Leeloo's cause, we have raised the funds required to get Leeloo to his place in the sun. The permits required for the USA are in the process and we are hoping to have everything in order for Leeloo to depart by the end of August/ Early September.

As much as I would love to bring Leeloo home until his departure date , I have been advised by the experts that it is best to leave him in his familiar surroundings beacuse any move (even to a BETTER place) will be hugely stressful for him.

Keep watching this space for updates or head over to https://www.facebook.com/Saveleeloo/ for continuing news on this little Meerkat.

Starfish Blessings