Updates on Arvin Longno: THE FIGHT of the whole family

UPDATE: May 8, 2019
Update posted by Yrvin Von Longno On May 08

❌❌❌IMPORTANT❌❌❌

IF I MAY, PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED WITH THE DONATION AS OF THE MOMENT SINCE THE PAYPAL ACCOUNT THAT IS LINKED IN THIS FUNDRAISING SITE IS CURRENTLY BLOCKED. IF YOU ARE GOING TO DONATE, KINDLY REFER TO MY PAST UPDATE.

I'm sorry for this inconvenience but paypal permanently limited my account which resulted for my account to be frozen, meaning, I could not withdraw from Paypal for the next 180 days. I am already coordinating this matter with the website and Paypal. As of the moment please refer to my past update dated April 30, 2019.


UPDATE FROM THE HOSPITAL:

As you guys have read in my past update, the recommendation was to transfer to a different hospital for the operation and install the shunt in his head. And so we did...

We already transferred to another hospital that operates these kinds of cases. Last May 3 at 12nn, we had the go signal that there is an available ICU in the hospital that we are about to transfer in. We processed everything - from all of the paper works and the bill. Unsurprisingly, our bill reach roughly 1.1 Million pesos. That is for the whole month that my father was admitted there. He was there for a complete month from April 3 to May 3. Imagine how time flew. As expected we were not able to pay the full amount. We still lack Php 70,000++. Since he can't be discharged without settling the amount, we made a promissory note for the sake of discharge and for the operation in the other hospital. We were able to transfer him around 10pm already last May 3.

We had a setback when we are already in the new hospital. The shunt itself is very hard to find that's why the operation got pushed back a couple of days. We called everyone. From the medical equipment stores in Iloilo City and to all the medical supplies stores in Manila. But, there was really none. To add to that, we were advised that the surgery would cost Php 250,000 excluding the amount of the shunt which is around Php 18,000 to Php 20,000. Our minds went berserk. Where in the world can we get that amount after the 1.1M bill from the hospital before?

The doctors also helped in looking for the quickest way to get a hold of that shunt. My mother then talked to the surgeons if the amount for the operation can be in installments and they agreed. We were thankful because they understood. His doctors finally found the shunt and set the date for the operation - May 8.

The operation was administered this morning, around 9:40am. It took roughly 3-4 hours. Per his anesthesiologist, my father's response to the operation was somehow positive since they can tell that my father can still feel pain when they injected on him, which is a good sign. He was also stable and they were able to drain the fluid from his brain and decreased the pressure. His reflexes so far also increased and according to my sister, it seems that he is already awake because he already blinks normally.

All of these happened because of you guys who, without any hesitation, supported his cause. Of course, nothing will be possible if not because of HIM who watches over us all the time. I know HE sent his Angels through all of you who helped us in any way, and for that we are forever grateful. We truly are.

I will keep you updated if there are significant advances in my father's condition. This has been one heck of a ride for us all. Let's all take care of our health and pray, pray, pray. God bless you all.

Add a Comment