PERTUBUHAN KEBAJIKAN ORANG BUTA, PULAU PINANG
BLIND WELFARE ASSOCIATION, PENANG
Reg. no. PPM-002-07-21102015
SOCIAL MISSION STATEMENT
We are a charitable body committed to the welfare of people with vision impairment.
Our Vision – A community where blind people are living fully with dignity.
Our Mission – Improve the quality of life of blind people through the provision of products and services.
Strategy – The Society shall endeavor to work with blind people in the following ways:
- Provide aids and support services to blind people according to their needs.
- Enable and empower blind people through education and training.
- Create equal opportunities and expand possibilities for blind people to integrate into the community.
- Support and network with other organisations in efforts to prevent blindness and save sight.
Our Philosophy – We believe that everyone is born with intrinsic value and has the inherent right to life, liberty and equality.
Core Value – Serving in love with integrity.
Quality Policy – Providing products and services within our scope that consistently meet the requirements of our clients and continually enhance their satisfaction.
Funding – Presently, we rely on public donations to finance our programmes and services.At the same time, we are initiating projects to diversify our sources of income and gradually work towards self-sustainability.
Clientele – Services of the Society are available on request to blind people and parents having blind children.
Members – Blind or sighted persons desiring to serve in the Society to achieve its aim.
WHAT WE DO
Through our resource and service centre, we undertake to provide the following services:
- Providing personal assistance to blind people on request.
- Making available aids and products for blind people at cost.
- Assisting blind people to get jobs and housing.
- Providing welfare aid when needed.
- Advocate for equal access to public facilities and services.
- Conduct lifelong learning programmes for the blind.
- Coach and develop sports among blind people for a healthier lifestyle.
- Organising activities for the benefit of blind people.
115-G-8 Kompleks Jalan Kedah, 10050 Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia.
Email: [email protected]