Queen Mother consultancy support the work of the youth association
The Family Green Corporation (FGC) a Cameroonian non-political and non-profit association; created in 2016 by young boys and girls, based in Penja. It works for the preservation of ecology through the construction of domestic biodigesters for the benefit of rural populations.
The initiative consists of preserving the environment through the construction of domestic biodigesters for the benefit of rural populations.
The social and economic goals are:
- improve the living conditions of the rural population in energy supply.
- guarantee access for all to reliable, sustainable and modern energy services at affordable cost (electricity and gas);
- provide a natural and free fertilizer (biofertilizers).
In terms of health and the environment:
- to reduce the rate of pulmonary infection due to the inhalation of smoke from the fire wood
- sustainably manage forests
- fight against desertification
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Stop and reverse the process of land degradation
- put an end to the impoverishment of biodiversity to fight against global warming.
The process takes a day. Youth must first dry the waste in the sun so that they lose as much water as possible. Than, youth must pour the contents in furnaces for carbonization, and finally to condition the obtained powder to have a homogeneous whole.
Youth processing ecological coal
ecological coal finish product
Construction of domestic biodigesters