I have started self publishing a series of 12 (bilingual) stories for learning English, and so far I have managed 2. But, considering the costs of the audio books (read and sung by a native speaker), translations, illustrations, etc., some financial help would.be welcome and highly appreciated.
One of the best ways to learn a (foreign) language is through a lot of listening, active and passive. And, if this is accompanied by an amusing, cute, yet educational (bilingual) story with great illustrations, catchy rhymes based on the tunes of traditional English and American songs, fun activities, a colouring section, and narrated and sung by a native speaker, the results are guaranteed. All the books from the series Chimmy and Other (Bilingual) Stories include the elements mentioned above and will be offered as monolingual (English) and bilingual (English-Italian, English-German, English-Croatian, and English-Spanish and English-Slovenian soon).
For the free audio books, please go to
About all the books in this series:
- they have been written according to the Accelerated Learning System with drawings, both coloured and b/w colouring pages, songs and rhymes, funny and educational activities, and a lot of repetition;
- the incorporated songs are based on the tunes of traditional English and American songs and their aim is to introduce a section or to repeat the vocabulary from the previous narrative part. On average there are 6-8 songs per story;
- for better results, the learning process should be accompanied by a lot of listening, both active (while reading the story) and passive (while doing the tasks and activities from the Funbook, while colouring, or just having the audio book in the background of your daily activities),
- the books are offered as monolingual (English) or bilingual (English-Croatian, English-Italian, English-German, and English-Spanish and English-Slovenian next);
- the story part is about 10 pages long with the illustrations in the upper part and the text in the lower half;
- there is also a Coloring Book section, and
- an Activity Funbook;
- altogether 24-30 pages per story;