I have been blessed with an incredible opportunity to go overseas to the beautiful country of Costa Rica on an amazing volunteer trip with EDventure International. Through the course of three weeks, I will be partaking in many different volunteer activities and adventures that I couldn't be more excited for. As a 2nd year sociology major, I absolutely love getting to meet, work with and help people, so I am so excited to be able to take my passion overseas and experience a completely new group of people and their culture. This opportunity is a dream come true as this trip includes working with and being surrounded by some of my favorite things. Here is a brief look at the kind of things that I will be helping out and involved with:
• Working in local schools to help teach children the importance of wildlife protection and conservation.
• Helping out at a local animal sanctuary where we will be working with a wide array of different animals, including sloths, monkeys, reptiles, tropical birds and much more.
• Helping at a very important sea turtle hatchery and conservation site in order to help with protection and survival of Leatherback and Green Sea Turtles.
• Working on several community projects in the small town of Liberia.
• Training in 'Global Leadership' in order to help learn how to continually make a lasting and positive difference for people and the environment around me.
The fact that I get to help make a positive difference to people and animals in Costa Rica, while also getting to expand and enrich my leadership skills and getting to be immersed completely in another culture is something I am beyond grateful to be apart of. I have discovered that one of my greatest joys in life is getting the chance to help make a positive difference for someone and by going on this trip I will get the chance to help many people and animals alike. I will be able to help make the world a better place in my own small way, something I never realized I was truly capable until presented with this opportunity.
Words simply cannot put into words how elated I am to be going on this trip, however, getting to participate in this amazing opportunity does come with some significant financial costs, for things such as food, accommodations, travel, etc. The program itself costs $3,400 (excluding flights), as well as an additional $1,200 for my flights as well as other travel expenses. Any amount, no matter how big or small, you could donate would be greatly appreciated and would going to help people and animals in great need in Costa Rica, as well as helping a dream of mine come true.
If you would like to check the program out and see for yourself more of the kind of amazing things I will be doing, or see how you could have the chance for your own volunteer opportunity you can learn more at http://www.edventureintl.com.
Thank you for your time and helping make my dream a reality,
"You make a living by what you get, you make a life by what you give" -Winston Churchill
“All that is gold does not glitter not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien