I am helping to raise funds for a stay at home mother of 3, She has been layed off from work 4 years ago and is unable to find a stable job since then. The job market is very hard for a woman in her mid 50's, she want to be able to start agriculture business of selling lettuce. This will allow her to be self reliant and generate revenue to sustain her family and send her youngest daughter to school. She has been able to start on her own with what little capital she has.
What has she done:
-Started to farm lettuce in her yard
-purchase lettuce seeds, supplies and tools
- acquired customers to purchase her lettuce once available. ( 1 small supermarket and 4 Restaurants)
1) She's having problems with Giant African snail eating out her crops, and they eat faster when the rain falls. Salt has been able to kill them but she is constantly spending her earning on jars of salt which gets wash away every time rain falls.
2) She has limited farming supplies and tools
3) Her country is having a dry spell so there is lots of water conservation.
4) She has no fork, limited setting trays and other farming supplies. She uses a cutlass to dig up the earth to prepare the are for planting, this take for ever, she has only 2 trays to set seed for lettuce. so she is unable to plant more than 50 at a time.
With your generous contribution you will be enabling her to become a successful female entrepreneur, be a providing mother to her family, building her confidence, hope and spirit.
what she need to succeed:
1) She need material to build stands to plant the lettuce in them rather than being on the ground, once they are off the ground the snail cant get to them easily, and she has more control over protecting her crops. Once she can so do this, she will receive more revenue.
She is currently loosing 45% of her crops to pest and the Giant African snails.
2) she need 6 tanks for water storage, due to dry weather water in not always available. lettuce need a lot of water to mature quickly. Enabling her to adequately store large volumes of water is a key component for her success.
3) Tools are a competitive advantage, having the right tools to help you rare crops easier and faster in very important, she need, Fork, cooling mesh, fertilizer, water can, small hand held gardening tools, trays for setting lettuce seeds and more.
We all can help her to be successful in this venture, i personally am trying to assist by do this for her and physically helping her to plant her little farm. I am also proud of her initiative and all her effort to make a living for her self and provide for her family, may of us can relate to how important this is for a woman.
Please,Please, Please let us help her together, Your help would be graciously appreciated.