Bath Cycling Club’s Junior Race Team
Bath CC Junior Race Team are looking for sponsors and supporters to build on the success of last season and help our Junior riders achieve their potential and take their first steps into senior racing.
The 2016 season was the first year that Bath Cycling Club has proactively supported junior riders to race at National level. We had a team of 6 riders Hayden Burton, Nic Mckibin, George Beck, William Swarbrick, Charlie Parry and Luke Rowell. They all joined us as 4th Category Riders (novices) and have now moved up to 1st and 2nd category riders and enjoyed a very successful season.
A total of 9 wins for the season and 416 points in British Cycling races.
- 4 riders secured entry to the season ending Junior Tour of Wales. We were the only club team to have a team of 4 in this prestigious end of season stage race that sees the best 100 junior riders in the country race 5 stages in 3 days. Hayden Burton finished 6th in stage 2 and 11th overall. All riders finished this tough race.
- Hayden won the Hatherleigh round of the National Junior tour series.
- Nic, George and Will all secured their 2nd category license in their first full season of racing.
- George won the Sullis Scorpions regional junior race at Odd Down.
- Charlie won his last 4th Category race in a solo break to gain his 3rd cat license in style.
- Hayden won the 2nd round of the Cotswold League for Bath Cycling Club’s first win in this league.
- Will won 3 Criterium races at Odd down and Stourbridge
- Hayden Burton is currently talking to leading academies and sponsored teams to take his cycling to the next level.
- Numerous top 10 finishes at local criterium races at Odd Down, Castle Combe, Stourport and Thruxton
The 2017 season will be based around the National Junior series of 9 races that start with the Cadence road race near Hay on Wye in March and finishes with the JToW at the end of August.
Dec-March Odd down and other Criterium races to build points and wins prior to selection for the first National Series event
Feb – MarchEarly season road races such as Primavera Road Race and Bristol South Road Race to gain road racing experience prior to start of National series
March- AugustJunior National Tour Series – 9 races
MayStratford upon Avon 2 day stage race – Regional Junior
JuneJunior Regional Road Race Championship
JuneJunior National Road Race Championship
AugustJunior Tour of Wales
The team will also be racing at local criterium races throughout the year
We have returning first year juniors George Beck, Will Swarbrick, Charlie Parry and Luke Rowell. In addition we will be joined by second year juniors Ben Kavanagh and Jacob Aries and first year juniors Alex Gulliford and Connor Chandler.
Bath Cycling Club are looking for sponsorship to help support our young riders. The club members are giving up their time and money to support the juniors but we are looking for additional support either financial or for kit that would help the riders develop.
£12 would pay for entry to a criterium race
£25 would pay for entry to a road race
£100 would pay for the race entry for a team of 4 to a road race
£120 would buy a full set of race kit for one rider - bibs, shirt and socks
£400 would pay for the race entry for a 3 day stage race
Any support would be greatly appreciated and would be acknowledged in write ups for the Club Newsletter, Newspapers including Bath Chronicle, our Junior RT Facebook page, the Bath CC facebook page and Bath CC website.
Race entries for the 12 team races would be £1700 for the season
Supporting Junior Riders with some kit would be from between £50 to £150/rider
If you can be of any assistance please contact:
mail: [email protected]