BATCH & CO
Batch & Co is a Specialty coffee shop based in South West London. Established in 2016 by SW2 local Jen Batchelor, Batch & Co is not your average coffee shop. After an extensive passionate career in informal education and community work, Jen's long term dream was to bring this background together with her passion and love of speciality coffee & create a hub where anyone in the community could kick back & chill & be part of something.
An inclusive and sustainable business, Batch and Co was built to support everyone in the journey; the farmer, the roaster, and the barista; while giving the customer an exceptional coffee experience. Since opening, Batch & Co has won awards for Best Coffee Shop & Best Newcomer in the local area. We were also the runner up in Overall Business in Streatham and are a regular feature in the go-to coffee guide for London, Allegra’s Official London Coffee Guide.
Using her previous experience of empowering young people to develop their skills, Jen is supported by a team of local young staff, many of whom began their careers with Batch & Co. This community drive has seen Batch & Co partner with local entrepreneurs and new start ups to offer exciting after hours classes and events, including life drawing, gin masterclasses, yoga, wine & cheese tastings and craft fares. As well as allowing local craft makers & artists to sell their product in the shop's retail section. Batch & Co also has provided a space for fundraisers for Streatham Film Festival, and supported the work of entrepreneur support organisation Tree Shepherd, and South London Cares, by giving them the space to use regularly & thus support groups often marginalised from society.
This fun, energetic vibe has made Batch and Co a sought after hub for fresh produce, great coffee and creative expression.
To celebrate their three year birthday, Batch and Co is launching this Crowdfunding Campaign to help expand their activities into the community and continue to provide ethical, sustainable and delicious produce to all. If you are in the area, pop in to check out the space and enjoy a free coffee on us!
VISION FOR THE FUTURE
With people at the heart of Batch and Co, we’re looking to share the love in neighbouring postcodes in Lambeth's borough SW16 & SW9, as well as launching a more extensive evening offering at all sites of local craft beers, small plates & a new cocktail menu.
With new sites, Batch and Co would offer more employment opportunities to local young people, supporting them to develop their skills across the hospitality industry and progress into more managerial positions. Batch & Co would also invest in more exciting, socially-conscious projects, including Redemption Roasters, the first prison-based coffee roastery which prepares young people re-entering society with the skills needed for a fresh start in the coffee industry.
HOW WILL THE MONEY BE SPENT?
Exceptional coffee comes at a price; therefore all money raised by this crowdfunding campaign will go into the development of more Batch & Co sites, including:
- a La Marzocco coffee machine
- two Mazzer grinders
- a Marco brewer
- Brita water filter
The rest of the monies will be spent on refurbishing the new site with recycled and upcycled materials.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ANY MONEY RAISED OVER TARGET?
Any extra funds raised will be invested in growing our community projects, sourcing sustainable produce and purchasing further equipment to create consistently great coffee.
TARGET AND REWARDS
Batch & Co is asking for £25,000, which is the minimum costings required for a second store, refurbishments and coffee equipment.
In return, we are offering an exciting range of rewards for every budget - as well as Jen’s undying gratitude and the knowledge your generosity is supporting the local community. From coffee and food offers, and limited edition merchandise to exclusive event invitations, and year-long discounts, there’s something for everyone!
(IF YOUR ON YOUR MOBILE WHEN VIEWING THIS SITE CLICK ON THE REWARDS BUTTON TO SEE DETAILS, OTHERWISE THEY ARE ON YOUR RIGHT OF THIS TEXT)
Check out the section to the right for all the details on our pledges, and below more details on the VIP membership & the big one Patron of Batch & Co………..as those rewards are 2 big to fit in those small boxes :)
Please also note the Batch & Co/Caravan Coffee is so limited edition it's only going to be available August 2019, and when its gone its gone................so be sure not to miss out on that one.
The Batch & Co team are really excited about expanding into other sites in the area and hope that friends, family, the local community, coffee geeks and crowd funding devotees will all help open the doors to the next Batch & Co in 2019. Please pledge and/or share this campaign on your social media as widely as possible!
If you have any questions, we welcome everyone to get in touch or pop by the shop and speak with Jen.
The first Batch & Co store was built using the life savings and retirement fund of founder Jen. Batch & Co only works with its “& Co”; that’s all of you in the local community so we are wanting to actively engage with you to help fund this expansion by offering some great Batch & Co rewards in exchange for your pledges. This way we also invest the monies we raise back into the local area.
Risks and challenges
If we are unable to reach our target amount, but are are quite close to the target, the owner will look into gaining funds from elsewhere to be able to finish the project. If not any funds raised will be put back into our flagship store and the growing community projects we run from this site.
All donations greatly received however small or large, as it is only by working together that we can make this happen!
Come join the Batch & Co Community now :) & help us spread the Batch & Co love.
THANK YOU FOR READING!
PLEASE PLEDGE TO THE RIGHT, AND BELOW are MORE DETAILS ON OUR SPECIAL VIP MEMBERSHIP & THE BIG ONE PATRON OF BATCH & CO............................That one is so special you can to choose one of your own rewards too ...........as long as its legal & not hurting anyone we are sure we can make it happen :)
BATCH & CO VIP MEMBER
Pledge £5,000 or more
◦ Your own Black VIP Batch & Co membership card
◦ Name on our wall at any of the sites of your choice (including the original SW2 site) plus our website for life
◦ Personal thank you on social media & from Jen
◦ A bag of limited edition Batch & Co/Caravan espresso blend
◦ A limited edition Batch & Co branded ECoffee cup
◦ A limited edition Batch & Co Tote bag
◦ A limited edition Batch & Co print
◦ Free Hire of Batch & Co for a private event for you and 40 guests (plus cake)
◦ Our famous Avo Smash on our award winning organic sourdough plus 1 topping, any regular coffee and a bucks fizz for you and 3 friends
◦ Afternoon Tea for 4. Four pots of our specialty tea, two bottles of prosecco, a selection of our pastries (both savoury & sweet), cakes, scones & clotted cream.....yum!
◦ 365 cups of regular coffee (one cup a day for a year!)
◦ 2× VIP Launch party invite
◦ 15 percent off for a year (includes food, drinks, alcohol at all sites)
◦ A VIP introduction to barista training course for you & a friend with unlimited Espresso martinis
◦ A VIP invite to a coffee & cocktails tasting at Batch & Co
◦ The chair of your choice will have your name engraved on it, and when ever you attend Batch, you get to sit in your seat even if someone is already sitting there for a year
◦ One of our tables that your chair is at, will be named after you for the life of the table......so your always be VIP at Batch even when the year is over
• Limited 5 backers
BATCH & CO PATRON
Pledge £10,000 or more
(as well as below, as you will be our official patron you can also add one of your own personal rewards to this list.......within reason ;))
For the true coffee, cocktails & brunch obsessive and Batch & Co fanatic, a pledge of over £10,000 and you get everything – and we mean everything!
Only one pledger can receive this reward – first come, first served! It also includes the same as the Batch & Co VIP reward above plus the following;
• Your own Platinum Batch & Co Patron membership card
• A visit to Caravan Roasters new HQ which has not even been launched to the public yet. You will be Jen's VIP guest and take in part in their cupping event, where you will get to cup six Caravan Roasters Coffees plus free craft beer and pizza with the Caravan boys afterwards. These events are never open to the public.
• Your own special Batch & Co mug at each of our sites for only you to use for the life of the mugs
• 15 percent off all food & drink (including alcohol) for five years at all sites
• Free Batch & Co hire (as above but once for each of the five years)
• Your own chair and table at any of our sites for five years.
• A Batch & Co cocktail will be named after you for life.
• A framed picture of you and the Batch & Co team on the wall (you are our patron after all)
• Limited 1 backer