This journey started out as a fundraiser to help payoff student loans, but now it has turned into something much more..... I am in the process of starting an online bakery/fudgery focusing on cookies and candies. with the assistance of a web designer. If you were to mention this to anyone that knows me, they may reply with, "about time." I have been cooking and baking since the age of 12; my first complete Thanksgiving dinner solo was at the age of 14. The holidays are one of my biggest times of the years and, as you can see from my pictures, a favorite time to bake and give gifts away.
So, are you asking, "What's up with the name?" Simply I love science; my degree is in biology (genetic engineering). I wanted to combine that in my name. So for a Barker's, corollary is a natural result or consequence. Conundrum is a favorite word of mine, but means anything that puzzles or the answer to a riddle. I have only gotten into making candies in the last few years. I plan to expand my knowledge in that area as I continue my journey.
I encourage any questions. If you have special requests I may be able to comply.
My email is: [email protected]
As for my Holiday treats, my photo shows a few of the items. As I prepare orders I will add additional photos. (I don't skimp on ingredients, I only use butter and C&H sugar; nuts are expensive and I am always looking for the cheapest prices online and in stores while providing quality.)
List of Holiday Treats:
- Chocolate-covered cherry cookies *Pretzel Cookies
- Cherry snowballs *Jam Thumbprints
- Iced sugar cookies/ plain sugar cookies *Lemon Cookies
- Spiced oatmeal cookies w/ Butter Cream Frosting or Without Frosting
- Spiced Oatmeal cookies w/ cranberries *Madelines
- Biscotti (Half-dipped, Pistachio/Cherry, Chewy Chocolate, Chewy Ginger)
- Gorp (mixture of white chocolate, cashews, pretzels, and cereal)
- Sugared Pecans w/ Cinnamon *Glazed Walnuts
- Peanut Clusters *Peppermint Bark
- Chocolate fudge *Peanut Butter Fudge
- My favorite: 3 layered Thumbprints my grandmother use to make!