As part of making ATLAS a more tangible and effective force, we've decided to create an ATLAS website and launch a variety of ATLAS events. The intention is to build a female-led movement that can better bolster and highlight the work of members, inspire young women coming into our profession, and feed into public discussions on issues that affect our community - and to do this without changing ATLAS's character or commercialising it. Our objectives are to
- make ATLAS a visible entity able to advocate formally on a variety of issues which affect our community
- highlight Members’ work, projects, events, and publications
- highlight the work of women (defined inclusively) and gender non-conforming individuals through interviews, with a particular emphasis on mentoring advice and peer support
- Advocate on a range of issues affecting us in our professional life (e.g the recent discussion on pregnancy discrimination, fair pay for interns and junior legal assistants)
- Have a section for #ATLASToo, providing information on policies, resources, and contacts where people can go to for support (though not legal advice)
- Run events and seminars on particular issues affecting our community, open to a wider community than the community itself
- Run and assist in funding regular ATLAS (community-only) events, so there's support for members who want to organise meet-ups in their location.
- be a point of contact for others looking for recommendations for panels, publications, and other events.