Help us to get to the start line
We are four ordinary women taking on an extraordinary challenge. We will be taking part in the GB Row Challenge London to Land's End 2021. Rowing 500 miles to raise money for mental health charities including Mind.org.uk. Before we can do that we need to fund our ocean rowing boat and equipment. Any equipment available at the end of the challenge will be sold on and any profits will go to our charities.
Ultimately we are doing this to raise awareness and money for mental health charity. Money raised here will be going directly to fund our journey and not to any charities but we will be accepting donations through other channels and we need to get to that start line.
- Mind.org.uk provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem.
- We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
- Every year, one in four of us will experience a mental health problem. But hundreds of thousands of people are still struggling.
- Mind believe no-one should have to face a mental health problem alone. They’ll listen, give you support and advice, and fight your corner.
Where will the money go?
- Ocean rowing boats cost tens of thousands of pounds, they are equipped with vital equipment such as navigation and water-maker that are very expensive to maintain.
- We will need clothing to keep us dry in the British weather.
- Training such as Sea Survival courses are mandatory for all participants in the GB Row Challenge.
- Any extra raised once we have everything to get to the start line will be forwarded to our charities.
- All equipment still usable after the event will be sold and profits will go to our charities.
- We have a variety of levels of support all with fab rewards, we want you to feel part of our crew, because we can't do this without a lot of help.
Find us here
You can find more info and get updates on our training at;
Help us succeed!
- Please follow us on social media, share our posts and support us along our journey.
- If you would rather send money direct to our charities you can sponsor us at https://www.wonderful.org/fundraiser/ashorethinguk-e2af159d