Our Project :
We are raising funds to develop an Aquaponic* Project in order to instill interest in agriculture and craftsmanship in HOL children.
- To sell vegetables planted by children (we have 6,000 plants)
- To be self sustainable
- To become a social enterprise
- To raise Rm30,000 (600*Rm20 = Rm12,000 per month)
Our Missions :
- Encourage agricultural volunteers with relevant experiences in the Aquaponic system to share and impart knowledge in the HOL Social Agricultural Think Tank group.
- HOL willingly share the agricultural resources with the think tank members and collectively contribute to the society through different resources. Collectively it’s a win-win situation.
- To empower children the skills for further development of agricultural technologies and contribute to the society in futur.
- To deliver healthy and nutritious foods for the beneficiaries of HOL 448 Food Bank.
- To achieve self-sufficiency goal.
Your support will help to :
- To subvert public’s stereotype towards agriculture, whereby the aquaponic system can be created at any place e.g. yards, offices, restaurants etc.
- To reduce cost, ensuring the cost of aquaponic system is affordable by all households.
- To develop a transparent and fair crop price mechanism, minimise the profit making through intermediaries, allowing farmers to support their families and contribute to the society.
- To advocate healthy and safe foods, water conservation, respecting the Mother Earth and promoting family farming education.
- To balance the food supply chain and unemployment rate, enabling senior citizens to continue serving the society.
*Aquaponics is putting fish to work. It just so happens that the work those fish do (eating and producing waste), is the perfect fertilizer for growing plants. And man, fish can grow a lot of plants when they get to work !
We have already 600kg of vegetables x20RM and we hope to raise 10,000/12,000 RM per month.
For more information about House Of Love, please visit: https://www.holklg.org/